big problem

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by itsme,again, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itsme,again

itsme,again Guest

I have installed Windows XP yesterday, with LnS as my firewall (of course). However, there is a big problem I need some help with.
    After installing LnS everyhting works fine until the next shut down/reboot. LnS doesn't work after that. This error message pops up: "Unable to load the lnsfw driver (Error 0)."
    The only way I can fix is this is by uninstalling and reinstalling LnS, very annoying.
    What's causing this problemo_O

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Is Look ‘n’ Stop the only other Software you had installed on Windows XP?

3. itsme,again

itsme,again Guest

No, of course not. I wouldn't be able to do much, would I? :D

4. Phant0m

Only one Software Firewall is recommended per session on a System.

5. itsme,agian

itsme,agian Guest

Oh, you meant the only firewall? In that case, yes. LnS is the only firewall I have.

6. Phant0m

It may possibly been Driver Signing or Hardware Alert being responded to with a No instead of a Yes on Look ‘n’ Stop Installation, also was you using account with Administrator rights? Is there also any bad installs listing in Device Manager?

Also have you tried Installing Look 'n' Stop over the current Install? What Look 'n' Stop version you using ?

7. itsme,again

itsme,again Guest

This time I have disabled the windows Driver Signing check before installing, so that should not be an issue (anymore). There are some problems indicated in the Device Manager, after rebooting when LnS doesn't work anymore.

-Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
    -! Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Look 'n' Stop Driver
    -! WAN-minipoort (IP) - Look 'n' Stop Driver

The 2 LnS drivers have some problem. By the way, these drivers are not shown in the device manager initially (when all is well), only after LnS stops working.

8. itsme,again

itsme,again Guest

Extra info given by Windows: "Windows can't start this device becuse the configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged (code 19) ".

9. Phant0m

In "Local Area Connection Properties" is "Look 'n' Stop Driver" listed and if so is it checked?

10. itsme, again

itsme, again Guest

Thanks for your help, but never mind. I think something must have gone wrong while installing Windows (or programs). There are weird things happening here and I have no idea what is wrong. :doubt:
    I'll do a complete reinstall in the next few days and see what happens then. Perhaps LnS will work fine after that.

11. Phant0m

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.