Big problem after disk clone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by il capo, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. il capo

il capo Registered Member

Hi!!!!
    Ok i try to explain my problem...(i'm italian so my english is bad!!!)
    I have 2 hd on primary ide and yesterday i wanted to replace my master drive with a new one.So i disconnected the slave and put the new drive to perform a disk clone of my master drive.After disk clone i replaced old master with new one and reconnected the slave one.Now windows (xp-pro with sp1) can't see my slave drive but only the new master!!!!
    This is absolutely unbelieveble and is making me crazy........i can't find a solution.
    Can someone help me?
    Thank you

just for information:hd jumpers are set to correct positions,drives and cables are good,bios recognize each drives in theire correct positions (primary master and slave),each drives are ata100,i'm using acronis true image 8 build 771;and i get no error during disk clone.

il capo

2. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

Try Cable Select on both HDs. If the original master HD can still see the slave, then I'd try to reclone the master HD again.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello il capo,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please do the following?

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

4. heckennen

heckennen Guest

Hi, il capo,

Which kind of mainboard do you have?
    Which are the brands and models of all 3 involved drives?
    What does the BIOS say?
    you can have al look in BIOS-SETUP (in most cases you have to hit the delete key while booting (try a little if it doesn't work for the first time, you have to hit at a specific time and you have to keep it down for half a second or so)
    Will BIOS (has nothing to do with ANY operating system at all, which will be booted later on) find the second drive?
    Sometimes you might have to hit the TAB key to see the messages on the screen.
    In case BIOS "sees" the 2. drive, what does the device manager of Windows XP say?
    What is told by the disk manager?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.