BHO's

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by joni, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joni

joni Registered Member

I installed NAV 2004 and I believe ZA prompted me that a BHO was being installed. (I allowed this because it was Norton) Please comment on my chosen option.

I once had a Google Toolbar installed. I had to send a log to HijackThis to clear up certain items and it seems the Google Toolbar was removed. I believe it may have still been showing in the Add/Remove programs. I do not recall if I actually then removed it. Today I updated Real Player and the Google Toolbar was included in the install. I had to go back online to complete the install so I reopened V, ZA and SG. SG informed me that a browser helper was being installed and did I want to keep it. I said no and was told BHJry entried removed and it gave me letters and numbers but when I brought up the IE browser the Google toolbar was there. I could not follow Real Players instructions to uninstall so I just removed it from the Add/Remove programs. I am using POW for Ad blockers so I really do not feel that I need the Google Toolbar. What exactly is the problem having BHO's?

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi and welcome, joni,

You'll probably get lots more detailed answers in the morning (if everyone didn't disappear for long holiday weekends in the US and Canada). But in the meantime --

To probably waaaay over-simplify: In my own opinion, BHO's are like cookies or just about anything else interfacing you and the internet, there's good ones and bad ones, and we all need (and hopefully use) proper security software to root out the baddies and get rid of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.