BHO messages

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by broke somethin, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broke somethin

broke somethin Registered Member

I cannot figure out how to remove the BHO has been added every few seconds. Am I not supposed to add them? Highly annoying! need help.
    Vinnie
    They always attack my system folder.

2. broke somethin

Soory new to this. BHO problems

I am using SG. I constantly get a message saying: WARNING! BHO has been added. the following BHO has been added to you system: {EC2F etc...} many differant types. What do I need to do? They all go to system or system 32. All end in .dll. Help?

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey vinnie....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

Hang in there....we'll try our best to help ya out. I have also closed your other thread that you just started.

As time goes by you'll get the grasp of how our Forum works....but we always like to stick to one thread if at alll possible.

Edit
    Nix the closed thread comment....seems we now have your posts together :)

4. broke somethin

OK any idea what happened my computer?

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Unfortunately, the BHO alerts from SpywareGuard are most likely only a symptom of the real problem, not the entire problem, even though the popup alerts are annoying.

Given the rapid frequency of alerts, it is likely that there is spyware already present and embedded on your system. The best way to address this is to follow the Spyware and Hijack cleaning procedures at a forum that provides such service. I'm afraid that we recently discontinued the spyware and hijack analysis service here at Wilders. See this announcement regarding that, and also note the image link contained in there points to a site that lists other forums that still perform this function:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42148

You should pick one of the listed sites and review their hijack posting guidelines, follow their specific process of cleaning and scanning, and then post as directed. Please note that the process usually involvesmany steps, including downloading some free scanning and cleaning tools, which is often followed by posting specific logged information. But, their guidelines should explain the whole process.

Three sites that are good at this service are: ComputerCops.Biz (known now as CastleCops.Com), SpywareInfo.com and Net-Integration.Net All three provide good quality hijack cleaning services for free.

6. broke somethin

What is a good protectiontool i can get soon or earlier.

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, there is no single tool that will protect you from all forms of this modern spyware. A layered approach (a few tools that overlap), as well as changing some Windows settings and how you do some things, is really what will help in the end.

See this thread regarding steps you can take and tools you can use after you get your system cleaned:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27971

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.