Better than SonicWall TZ100?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by KingdomCome, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingdomCome

KingdomCome Registered Member

Anything better than the SonicWall TZ100 Wireless N?

It's pretty much like the ZoneAlarm Z100G that I have posted before but is capable of wireless N.

2. KingdomCome

KingdomCome Registered Member

Okay maybe I need to rephrase my question, what is better than the TZ210 Wireless N?

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Whats best for one person may not be best for another person. Generally these type of questions violate forum policy. We stay clear of statements like A is better than B or A is the best. Comparisons can be made between products, and you may evaluate strengths & weaknesses of a product. You may want to rephrase your question again.

4. Spiral123

Spiral123 Registered Member

There are many alternatives to sonicwall, some opensource, free, proprietary, and/or costly. Personally I have tried many but, Untangle, Pfsense, Zentyal, and Astaro are favorites. Each can be put on beige box or on an appliance. Each is worthy of trying out. The "best" depends on your requirements and environment.

5. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Perhaps you should check the forum policy before quoting it.

6. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Sorry, but no. The issue with the Z100G is it supports, and is sold by Central Point, the folks who make ZoneAlarm. And it requires you purchase ZoneAlarm Security Suite and periodic renewals. It was designed for the home environment with parental controls and XBox support.

The TZ100 by SonicWall is designed for small business environments supporting network access via VPN for business activities and "Gateway Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware" are optional services, purchased separately.

They are both wireless routers but that's about where the similarity ends.

Exactly. If you want specifics, you need to be specific.

7. Cutting_Edgetech

His question was..what is better than TZ100. What did i get wrong about the policy? If i say Norton is better than Eset then is that not against the policy? What am i misunderstanding here? I will reread the policy. Maybe its different with hardware.

8. Bill_Bright

If asking because you really want to know, that is fine. If asking more as a challenge, or a statement suggesting nothing can be better, then that may be the rules issue.

In any event, it does not matter, because as noted, it depends on the requirements.

9. Cutting_Edgetech

My apologies if I was wrong!

10. Bill_Bright

I'm not sure you were. I see no harm done in any case.

11. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

If I remember correctly, the restriction is in place in the 'other anti-virus software' forum. But I don't think that has been changed to cover all the other forums at Wilders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.