Better housekeeping software?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Foxes, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Foxes

Foxes Registered Member

I have IObit Advanced SystemCare 8.1 Pro, and one of its main features is to run a daily scan to fix registry and shortcut errors, clean up junk files and empty folders, maybe empty out the recycle bin, etc.

The software is okay, but it has a bunch of other ****, like virus/malware detection and removal, that I have no interest in having. I have MBAM Premium and Avast Premier, and I feel that is enough.

Are there any other programs that can do daily cleanup tasks but that don't have 20 other different features and add-ons?

Thanks.

2. old school

old school Registered Member

I do not trust IOBit from stealing data from Malwarebytes. The quality of its products has been declining in recent years and received very bad reviews, even using the BitDefender engine.

For cleaning, there are other more reliable solutions, to me, such as Wisecare360.

Let me recommend to clean the computer once a week, not once a day

Have a nice day!

3. Foxes

Foxes Registered Member

Yeah I forgot to include that. I was becoming wary of the software myself, that's another reason I was asking for an alternative.
    Thank you! I'll probably start using that instead :)

4. Crystal_Lake_Camper

Crystal_Lake_Camper Registered Member

Iobit products do more bad than good , especially their registry cleaner wich can really mess your pc up! infact it is best to never use a registry cleaner to clean up your pc , when uninstalling products it is better to search for left over folders and reg keys manually and with the help of void tools search everything. for other house keeping software let me suggest ; ccleaner , wisecare 365 and privazer. with these three you are good to go ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.