Better detection: Virusscan Enterprise or NOD32?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Live, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Live

Live Guest

I don´t know what Av I should install in my pc, I´ve trialled both...

So the question is: which AV has better detection rates? McAfee Virusscan Enterprise 8.0i or NOD32 2.5.25? wich one will keep me more protected?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

both are highly regarded AV. mcafee VSE has better sigantures, nod32 has better heuristics. nod32 is light and mcafee isnt as heavy KAV. i would personally go for nod32 but i find mcafee to be a good balance between nod32 (resources) and kav (detection rates).

3. Kungfus

Kungfus Guest

What about the last updates of NOD32? It seems to be improving signature detection...

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes it is but since eset is lean and mean with signatures it may not catch as much insignificant and minor malware (like joke programs) as mcafee/kav. but for the majority of viruses nod32 will provide excellent protection. it rele depend on which AV u like and runs well on ur comp. *if* u can, why not run nod32 resident and use mcafee as backup. and if ur worried about malware passing through use an AT alongside nod32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.