Betatest request for SB on Opera v.12.17 b.1863 on Windows

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Ilja, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilja

Ilja Registered Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Betatest request for SB on Opera v.12.17 b.1863 on Windows

Hello Everyone, as a Dutch SB-Veteran, I've seen several announcements from the Development Department - before Brightfort - whereby in the future SB would also compatible protecting Opera - before Opera imitated Chrome - , after FireFox & Chrome (& ?..). Still there isn't any.

Since I use XP, therefore IE8, I encountered numerous sites that wouldn't accept me because of IE8. Well, there loss ;-). However for my TV-guide I really need Opera, normally my browser of choice for secure purposes, because their system-administration decided to block IE8 a few months ago.

So, since then I was breeding on a way to protect Opera the same like IE with SB. But the trouble is typing in over 17000 websites in my version of Opera.
    To make that "easier", I found the following work-around:

On a system IE & SB installed, open the Register-Editor (regedit)
    Navigate to & export the following key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains]

Open the file with the exported key in Notepad
    Search (checkbox Exact match) & delete all rules containing dword:00000002 (all bad sites are dword:00000004) e.g:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\]
    Save under a new name (e.g. as myzonemap.txt) as a text-file encoded UTF-8
    Open the new myzonemap.txt
    Now You need to delete all the "garbage", use Replace all instead of Search, start with:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\
    Finally delete all:
    Save the file again

Open the DOS-prompt, chdir to "My documents" (or directory You saved to), & type:
    sort myzonemap.txt /O myzonemap2.txt

Open myzonemap2.txt in Notepad & delete all empty rules (& all other leftovers that not look like URL's such as dword:00000004 etc.), & save it again
    Now still in Notepad, Select all. Copy

Use Excel or simular, & select the second column, first row (B1), & paste the content of the text-file
    Type in column A1 http://, & copy it, & paste it to the reminder of the column A, preferrable using Ctrl+PageDown.
    Set width of column A on Autofit or 7.
    Select the whole used spreadsheet: N.B: Also to the columns to the right, all URL's should be selected, that means at standard column-width You should select about column F.

Copy & paste it into a new Notepad text-file.
    Use Replace all to delete any possible spaces between http:// & the URL (Could happen in Excel 2007)
    Save it again as text-file (UTF-8!)
    Select all & copy from Notepad

Close all Opera browser-windows!

Now navigate to & open with Notepad:

%UserProfile%\Application Data\Opera\Opera\urlfilter.ini

Put the cursor under the rule:
    Paste the content of the latest saved myzonemap2.txt (Use Enter to break the last rule)
    Save urlfilter.ini (as UTF-8!)

You're done. It will take Opera the first time some more time to startup, loading over 17000 sites to block.

Sorry for my quite raw writing, after posting I will attach the urlfilter.ini I created this way. The whole point is: Does it works? Can it be done easier, e.g. using only Excel? Just straight forward beta-testing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.