Beta working fine in Win98...

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by marti, Dec 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marti

marti Registered Member

...with the Windows graphics turned off.

Look under NOD32 System Tools for NOD32 system setup.

2. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

does this lessen the mem resource out-put??
    and if it does by how much?

3. marti

marti Registered Member

I'm talking about system resources, not RAM.

Start > run > MSinfo32

shows xx% system resoureces free

4. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

sys resource is what i am talking about!!
    i would go back if that does the trick!!
    see ya on the other side.... :D :D

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

>.with the Windows graphics turned off.

Look under NOD32 System Tools for NOD32 system setup.

How much does it give back in system resources? I had 86% free at boot with the current NOD32 running down to 62% free with NOD32 beta running. If i turn this off, how does NOD32 beta display without the graphics? If I reinstall the beta version, I can find how to turn off the graphics in NOD system tools? I thought I looked yesterday when someone first mentioned turning that off and I couldn't see where to do it, but maybe I was looking in the wrong place.

I got the answer from Marti over at DSLR. I have a huge thanks to her and to Phil who first mentioned turning off of Windows graphics as a possible solution to the resource problem in W9x systems. I didn't understand what Phil was getting at when I read his post...unfortunate for me that I didn't either post and ask him to explain more or Google it...would have saved me a lot of hassle!

I have reinstalled the beta version and turned off Windows graphics. To my utter delight, after doing that, I now have 86% resources free immediately after boot. :) :) :) FANTASTIC! This is the same amount of free resources that I had with the current NOD32. Kudos to Eset who has managed to create a new version that doesn't use more resources than the current one! (If Windows Graphics is turned off).

Of course, I sure wish Eset had put up some instructions and tips on their site!! Gee, if Eset had only said that W9x users need to turn off Windows graphics...how much hassle that would have saved so many of us. I can't see any difference in NOD with Windows Graphics turned off. So what exactly does Windows Graphics do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.