[Beta update] Returnil System Safe Pro 2011 RC2

Discussion in 'Returnil Betas' started by Coldmoon, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

When attempting to turn off AV, program crashed with message,"RPC server is not available". GUI is still very confusing.
    Going back to the lite version.

3. Coldmoon

Hi,
    Can you collect the usual logs and send them to us via support e-mail? Also, could you get a Microsoft/sysinternals Debug View (run it as admin and then attempt to reproduce the crash).

Mike

4. ADMlNISTRATOR

ADMlNISTRATOR Registered Member

thanks, ill stay slightly older version until my laptop naturally breaks down (hardware) (10 years hopefully) , my system is running very good with version: 3.1.7779.5174-REL. I really don't see the point (in my case) to upgrade, mainly because the only reason i use Returnil is because all i want it do is is revert back to the default when i restart my PC =]

5. Coldmoon

Hi ADMlNISTRATOR and welcome to the forums :)

You may be interested then in the RVS Lite 2011 series which is a more strict virtualization alternative that may work better for you in this scenario. It is designed to address the needs of those with isolated/high security networks with:

1. Multi-disk virtualization

2. Isolated console that can be used from any location within the network (simply throw up a console and then adjust the IP addresses appropriately in the clients and you are good to go (Clients and console connect automatically when the IP is set correctly).

3. File and folder exclusions from virtualization for user comfort.

4. Very targeted antimalware component called System Guard whose only function is to protect the computer from virtualization circumventing malware. It also has a flexible mode where the authorized user can selectively allow blocked content to run temporarily for trouble shooting and change testing. The feature is very robust and will not remember an allow decision post restart of the computer to ensure that these changes are only temporary until the admin decides to install a program or make a change "permanent" with the Virtual Mode off.

5. Stand-along console allows remote management of the client features from within your network as described above, but also allows direct connection to the client to control it via command line or even to audit what is happening on the client by showing the current remote desktop.

Mike

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I hope all of these newest and latest researched innovations turn out excitingly impressive as well as the determination that is gone into them over this years developments.

For one i am pleasantly shocked to find Returnil raise up the bar as it has to date.

Keep up the great work!!!!!

EASTER

7. karad

karad Registered Member

Great to see a post of yours Easter! I can confirm to both you and Coldmoon that the Lite version,which I purchased a week ago, is definetely top class:
    no unnecessary items
    only virtualisation and .exe Guard
    smart system of password
    no noticeable impact on resources and very fast

practically,it's like the earlier 1-2.0 versions ......LOL!
    (with some improvements,I guess....)

In my other machines with XP I instead went back to a version 2.0 I still kept in a backup HD dating back to early 2009 which has got just virtualisation and nothing else.
    This way everything works smoothly, contrary to what happened with the 'normal' latest RVS version with AV etc. which caused a little problem once in a while, apart from the idea of having a lot of disabled things to no use.

@Coldmoon,HI, even though i purchased the Lite version (GREAT!!!) , for about 24€, I still am not sure whether its a yearly, one-off or version payment.
    Nothing about this on site or at the billing.
    I am prepared to go any length for Returnil,but ,if you can,would you please let me know as you promised?
    Just to know now.Thanks.

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Thanks karad

Indeed i am finally devoting more time studying thru our fantastic forum sections here again. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, especially when it comes to software security geeks LoL

I will be reporting my own findings on RVS's latest releases as i put each release thru some paces, this time with patience. I do believe no fault on Returnil, that i had too many security apps all competing for some piece of the system pie when i installed Returnil's Safer System and one of my drives would not reboot nor could i get any recovery with the exception of using my Windows Disk and and exercising the REPAIR function to regain control again.

AH! The fun! :cool:

9. arran

arran Registered Member

Would my License key work on this Beta as well?

10. Coldmoon

Hi All,
    This thread is about the older RC2 (release candidate) for RSS 2011. As the testing was completed some time ago and we are now on full release version 3 (REL3) and working on a new update, this thread no longer has relevance.

@EASTER

Welcome back :)

Please be sure to add any results or commentary to the current Releases forum as they will apply to the current release, rather than beta versions of RSS.

@arran

Yes, your current RVS 2010 License will still be valid as long as it is current (has time left on the subscription) and you install RSS 2011 over the top of your RVS 2010 installation as described in the original release announcement thread for RSS 2011.

As answering questions about release versions may cause confusion, please open new threads related to your specific topic of inquiry (if it does not already exist) in the releases forum section.

Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.