Beta update problems?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by ronjor, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

A little tip. Don't know if will help others or not.

I've installed several betas of Eset Smart Security at different times. The last couple of times I installed the beta, the program would not update past the 2353 definition update and yet it would give the update as current. o_O

If you go to documents and settings, all users, application data (which is hidden by the way and you will have to set your computer to view hidden files), you will find an Eset folder.

I uninstalled Eset Smart Security, went to documents and settings and deleted the entire Eset folder. I then reinstalled the program.

The program now works in all phases.

2. osip

osip Registered Member

Re: Beta problems?

Don´t know if this is a common problem...but,in my case not a sign of that...I have 2359 for the moment and upgraded on top of 1a...

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I probably had a little corruption from the multiple installs. :D How large is your Eset folder in Documents and settings?

4. osip

osip Registered Member

44,2MB...Mainly occupied by folder ´installer´...

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

26 mb here after cleanup. 17mb for installer.

6. osip

osip Registered Member

Okey, I have 2 msi.files in installer...You uninstalled and have 1 on 17mb...I did´nt and have 2x17...(1a+1b)

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The point I am trying to make here is, uninstalling Eset Smart Security doesn't remove all the leftovers from previous installs.
    The Eset folder in Program files will be empty, but all the files (including installers) will still be in documents and settings folder. :)

8. osip

osip Registered Member

Well, no problems...meaning our difference is that you manually cleaned away msi.1a...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.