Beta Testers

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dog, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, ;)

I'm wondering what the process is, and requirements are for becoming a beta tester for security products ... ie. Spy Sweeper, Pest Patrol etc. I sent an email to Pest Patrol concerning this, I was wondering if anyone can explain the ins and outs of this?

TIA ;)

Steve - *puppy*

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It would really require a second computer to test beta products on. Betas have a reputation of being buggy sometimes seriously. You might not want to use your only computer for this unless you don't possibly mind reinstalling an os or reformating a HDD possibly often. I have had some bad experiences with beta products so I have no desire to do it again. I will wait for the final release ;)

3. dog

dog Guest

Hmmm, right up my alley ... I love trouble, heck is there a better way to learn? LOL :D

Thanks for the advice BigC ;)

Steve - *puppy*

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I agree with bigC.

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Admittedly there are some oddball things that are labelled "beta" but aren't what we normally think of as beta's. Until very recently, for one example, ICQ was never anything but "beta".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.