Beta - Lsass.exe is back

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Blackspear, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Welcome to the Club Taz, nice to see new members ;)

Cheers :D

2. PeterVO

PeterVO Registered Member

Oh My God,

the same error on my laptop now when trying to update Ewido:

"The instruction at 0x77f58dc5 referenced memory at 0xffffff8. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program".

But the update seems ok.

I remember that Ewido to was the first program to give that error on my desktop pc.

3. Blackspear

Welcome, and congratulations, you are the latest member of the ever growing Lsass Club.

Membership is free upon installing either Nod32 or Nod32 Beta.

Membership is fairly exclusive, only a rare but growing handful are able to apply to an unknown lottery. Once drawn, you are unable to transfer the prize, and it may not be given back.

Membership allows you to learn quickly to type "shutdown -a" after frantically trying to click on start>run. Though as time goes by you do become blazen as to how close you can come to actual shutdown… tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...

And the above are but few of the benefits ;)

Come ye come ye, whom else will step up and take the challenge... :D

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

4. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi Blackspear,

News is travelling fast, so i have heard about this new and dedicated Lsass club.

I was wondering how to register for ik heard that it is difficult club to join :D

Do you just have to wait till your pc is rebooting spontanioulsly :D :D

rgds,
    Martin ( waiting patiancely to become a member )

5. Blackspear

LMAO, membership is pretty exclusive, I am yet to determine how membership is obtained, though I am a member... doh! :rolleyes:

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

6. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

So i have heard :D :D

7. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi everyone
    I am NEW to this forum and just began testing NOD32 Beta.
    Although I have not had the dreaded "lsass" error (yet).....if you go here and scroll down you will find links to the patches from Microsoft to address the Buffer Overrum lsass anomally for various systems.
    here
    I hope this helps.
    Cheers :)

8. Blackspear

Hi Fredra, thanks for your reply, however, further up I addressed this, the problem comes down to Eset, as in the problem appeared, then a further pre-release fixed it, and each pre-release thereafter was fine, then came along the public Beta, and the problem returned with a few friends :rolleyes:

I've gone back to the standard version for a few days, so far the Lsass.exe error has not reappeared, as expected...

9. Blackspear

No Lsass.exe error message so far. I uninstalled Nod32, removed the Eset folder, cleaned 1 entry from the registry and reinstalled a standard version without a hitch.

Using the repair function available through Add and Remove Programs in Control Panel with Adobe Acrobat, fixed the AcroRd32.exe error message (I'm using standard version at the moment), and it's back up and running as per normal, opening PDF files to its hearts content.

10. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

I'm still getting the error after uninstalling. Never saw it before I installed this beta. However, once I cleaned out the registry... boom, no more issues.

This beta seems to bork things up quite well.

11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Not one (1) single problem with anything on my xp sp1 machine. And I am running a beta browser, and a beta firewall also. Betas everywhere! No problems!

12. Blackspear

I'm going to uninstall the standard version tonight/tomorrow, reboot, remove the Eset folder, Clean the registry and then reinstall a fresh copy of the new Beta and see how it goes.

Still no Lsass.exe error messages...

13. Blackspear

It's a bit like the 2.009 program component update, but to a less degree, only something like 1 to 30 in 1000 computers were affected, it was extremely difficult to diagnose. Initially Eset couldn't find a problem, it was pointed out that there definitely was a problem and it was hard to replicate...

14. Blackspear

I spoke too soon, the error just arrived back while trying to copy a pic as a jpeg from the internet...

15. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

16. Blackspear

The problem appears and disappears according to different versions of Nod32 installed.

I have removed Winsock and replaced it accordingly on other PC's, I have now done the same on this system.

Now I have removed the standard version of Nod32, removed the Eset folder and cleaned the registry. Downloaded a fresh copy of the Beta and installed it, and time will tell as to my membership of this club...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2004
  17. Blackspear

Well having replaced Winsock and Winsock2, fresh install etc, it is back grrrrrr

Just started with a new error message in the same format as the others...

Attached Files:

18. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

That is a Firefox error, right? That is not lsass.exe.

19. Blackspear

All the errors are in the same format as the lsass.exe error message, and appear and disappear according to the version (pre-release Beta) of Nod32 installed.

It had completly gone with the last pre-release...

BTW nice avatar Ron, looks great :D

20. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thanks.

Very strange error. There will be an answer though, along the line.

21. SaphireX

SaphireX Registered Member

Having experienced this same error message before when I was using NAV2004 and not being able to determine the cause ...after doing a fresh install of XP + updates + applications/data---and this time not installing NAV2004. Instead buying NOD32 installing the beta version all went well until I installed the A/V pluggin for NERO. On the very next reboot the error message popped up ! After some examination it would appear that the A/V pluggin for NERO was the culprit but there was no easy way to rectify the issue since there is no way to uninstall the NERO A/V pluggin...Perhaps uninstalling NERO may have solved it --not sure--So instead I just deleted my RAID-0 array and created another which of course results in a format and fresh install of XP + updates and re-install apps + data . And this time I decided to SKIP installing the A/V pluggin for NERO and I have not had any conflicts like this to happen at all. So unless I am completely out to lunch here DrWeb32 the A/V pluggin for NERO should be avoided if you have an A/V application installed on your PC

Cheers

Saphire

22. Blackspear

After reading post #18 from Marcos here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=43300

I have just tried your suggestion and uninstalled 835732 and reinstalled 835732

I am not over confident that this will fix the problem, as stated above, that dependant upon the version of the pre-release Beta installed, so appeared and disappeared the Lsass error.

Time will tell...

23. nlangmaid

nlangmaid Registered Member

Hi Blackspear,

I used to be a member of the LSASS club, but I missed a few meetings and my membership seems to have lapsed.

Jokes aside, the incidence of bugs last time around seemed to have a very close relationship to whether IMON was active. As you well know. Is that a factor now?

Last time around, I reformatted my hard drive and did a complete reinstall of trusted software from trusted media. I had just about concluded that the problem must be in my hardware when I discovered that NOD32 wasn't quite so trustworthy after all.

However anyone developing and testing low level code in the infinitely-variable hardware and software environment of a PC has my sympathy ...

Nick.

24. Blackspear

Lsass error message reappeared last night while using messenger. So no the problem has not gone away, it is still very VERY intermittent.

25. Anon

Anon Guest

Has anyone thought about the fact that this might be a 0 day on LSASS.exe that even NOD32 don't know abouto_O...

I know for a fact they were slow on the first DCOM sploit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.