Beta for Windows Vista Compatible NOD32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by kr0z, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Why don't you stop this trakatraka-tra la la . We don't know details and we will know them when the product is ready . Don't worry , I am sure having the antivirus only won't decrise the protection overall. :thumb:

2. AshG

AshG Registered Member

You're right, I should probably stop feeding the fire by checking in so often. We've been given just enough information to salivate, and after all the times I've gotten after people for putting illusionary puzzle pieces together I got caught up in the game myself.

3. Pawlou

Pawlou Registered Member

I was able to install NOD32 on Win Vista 5384 beta with no problems.
    On my second unit running Vista 5472 it will install but will not finish loading on reboot. Had to install AGV for protection.

4. linney

linney Registered Member

Has any one noticed the extremely large logs created by NOD32 in the \ESET\logs\nod32 folder after each scan of a Vista partition?

I run NOD32 from XP Pro SP2, I also have Vista Beta 5472 on another partition.
    After each full scan the daily logfile may exceed some 16MB, all of this taken up with entries about files being inaccessible on the Vista partition.

To make the matter worse I sometimes test two other versions of Vista on other partitions, as well as my main Vista Beta. When I do that the size of just one daily logfile can exceed some 60MB.

Just something to be aware of in case you are testing Vista.

5. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I tried to push install Nod32 on a Vista beta 2 partition last night. On reboot, Vista would not reach the login screen. I had to try "use last known good config" to load Vista. A manual Nod32 install then completely failed. Can anyone take me through the steps to install Nod32 on Vista please?

6. BetterIT

BetterIT Registered Member

Turn of UAD in Vista Security.

Turn off Imon and Emon in Nod32.

nb. If you leave emon on, nod32 will crash when used in other user accounts.

7. Biscuit

Thanks for your advice.

Can you tell me how to turn off UAD please?

8. BetterIT

BetterIT Registered Member

control panel(classic)/security center/other curity setting/User Access Control

9. Biscuit

Thanks for your reply.

The route to turn off UAC is now under User settings, advanced.

Turning off UAC still has no effect. Puch installation does not work & manual installation causes a hang before the login screen.

Are there any other AV programs that work with Vista?

10. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

try avast!, AVG, or etrust

11. Biscuit

As the test pc was on my domain network, I wasn't going to trust any AV software other than Nod or the K word.

Vista is now uninstalled & the horrible boot thing zapped too. Frankly, if I want a pretty interface that's difficult to use, doesn't work with many peripherals & I have to search the computer for my software, I may as well use a Mac. :(

12. Kryspy

Kryspy Registered Member

So....

Vista RC1 is upon us and naturally as stated nod32 is not permitted to install.

Guess what; I am ticked, shame on ESET for being so lazy to get a working AV to people.

When Microsoft first announced the public availability of beta2 this was their cue to get a fully compatable version of nod32 in our hands.

Shame.... shame... shame I may not renew my license for a third year in November.

Kryspy

Edit: I should add; shame onmost antivirus manufacturers. But I have a license for nod32 so hence making them my focus of complaint.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  13. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

im sure when Vista becomes officially released, then eset and other companies will focus on vista compatibility.

14. Kryspy

Kryspy Registered Member

No use in "officially" running vista without an "officially compatable" antivirus.

Once a OS is released it is a bit late to then concentrate on making a compatiable AV scanner.

Kryspy

15. Zion

Zion Registered Member

I agree with most people NOD32 should be Vista compatable before Vista hits the shelves. Even better give us a public beta. It wont kill Eset, infact it will increase market share by proving it to be a pioneer in providing early OS compatibility and security detection.

16. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

NOD32 will not even install on my RC1 as Vista blocks it & the compatability mode don't work., I had to get the trial version of AVG.

So, other programmers are jumping on the vista bandwagon and will no doubt will make sales.

Eset are not bothering to release a vista version so users like me are looking elsewhere.

There are 3 million Vista users out there at least and are wanting an anti-virus program, as NOD32 is the best surely if it was released now Eset would get a whole new "set" of users and profit form it.

Holding their heads in the sand and doing nothing means they are losing out.

At this point in time Trend & AVG have working versions and I tried both, Trend is s security suite at $83 USA, Avg about $25 (can't recall exact figure) and you could bet others will be out sharpish so come on Eset, get a version out, not only are you losing a lot of new sales, you might very well lose current customers, more especially those whose licence expires soon, those users have nothing to lose.

17. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Installation advice can be found HERE

It is BETA software so there are NO sales to be made until it is released, at which point we have been advised Eset will have a fully functional release available.

As advised by Marcos, Eset will have a public release within a few weeks.

They are working on both a Vista compatible version as well as version 3, so I doubt sand has anything to do with it :blink:

There aren’t any sales to be made on BETA software, it can only be tested, NOT purchased, and Vista BETA software doesn’t even have a fixed release date as of yet.

Further information can be found HERE

Blackspear.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  18. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

I followed the post to install it, but only the "old" V2 would install, the latest version is blocked.

when it is installed it won't run with amon enabled, for one thing I get a BSOD on re-starting with the problem as:

BAD_POOL_CALL then a string on numbers.

When amon is disabled it's OK, but what good is it if it's not checking the files etc, I went back to AVG although it's not as good as NOD it's better than nothing.

OK, off topic for a moment, in answer to an email, Ahead told me Nero will be released when Vista is made commercially availabe, I got that today.

19. p51d007

p51d007 Registered Member

nod/vista...no joy

I gave up trying. I tried everything posted to get Nod32 to install with
    build 5728. Not a big deal, this was my laptop backup hard drive I was
    playing with. I wanted to see if Vista would upgrade from XP. I was
    amazed that it got it 100% right! Now, I'll just hold off until Nod32
    works. I'm sure they will release it once we get closer to a RTM on
    vista. Funny though......when I was beta testing XP, before it was
    in the RC stage, the AV software I used with 98 wouldn't work with
    XP beta, and a bulletin board suggested Nod32, which I had never
    heard of. I've been using it ever since...

20. ShadowMaster

ShadowMaster Registered Member

And here so we are. The last Release Candidate for Vista is unleashed on the public and we are mere weeks away from RTM.

I have to admitt that this close to the final Windows Vista shipping to corporate customers it is disconcerting to say the least, that there is not even a word on a beta version of a vista compactible Nod32.

21. Blackspear

Already announced by Eset.

Cheers :D

22. Kryspy

Kryspy Registered Member

Umm yeah and that would peg the beta at about the second last week of September meaning it is about a "few weeks" late now

Kryspy

23. Blackspear

Have you ever seen a software developer estimate correctly ;) :D

24. crummock

crummock Registered Member

So when is a Vista compatible version of NOD32 going to be available ?

I've used nod for a few years and got numerous other people to buy it but if ESET can't offer some info and a suitable product I will have to move to one of the growing number of Vista compatible pructs around as I'm not prepared to run without AV and don't see why I should have to knock out half of the features in Vista to get it to work

25. Blackspear

Version 2.7, and as soon as it is ready, can't be far away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.