Beta 2

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by JeremyWW, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

I'm not being being impatient - just wondered if you (Eset) have an approximate planned timeframe for releasing the next Beta.

2. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Beta 1 just doesn't work on my machine. I'm using KIS until Beta 2.

3. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

My god, beta 1 has been out a day and you are already screaming for beta 2? Eset didn't make their beta 1 "approximate planned timeframe" and people here were ready to lynch them! Unbelievable....just unbelievable.

4. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

Please read my post again and calm down. I am not screaming for anything. If you knew anything about software development, you'd understand that software companies roll out products according to a development timeline / project plan, which is all I'm asking for. Go and lie down...

And...sorry chum, you're wrong...they did make their 'approximate planned timeframe' available - in public: Both at Cebit and on their website. They were late, which I certainly wasn't ready to 'lynch them for' but they were nonetheless late and eventually admitted to. The fact that they've released a good Beta1 as a result makes it water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  5. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

And if you knew anything about software development, you would realize that asking for a beta 2 time line a day after beta 1 has been released (and before the programmers had any time to sift through the bug reports) is beyond idiotic. If you knew anything about software development, you would know that beta 2 could be weeks/months after beta 1. There is no way anyone can give you anything more concrete, especially when testing has just started.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Let's focus on the Beta and not each other. Thanks in advance.

7. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

Agreed. I guess I'm a little crabby tonight.

8. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

A fair amount of flexibility has been built into the beta-test cycle for ESET Smart Security. A significant part of the release schedule is based on the feedback ESET receives from the people who are testing the program. It is possible that days or weeks may pass between new beta builds being released.

If you do fill out the form at http://www.eset.com/beta/ you will be notified when new releases occur, or you can visit the web site periodically as well as look for notices in the forum.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

9. gaolin

gaolin Registered Member

You are wait a moment,pieasa! I wait the chinese bete. Who know how long I will wait?

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We will update the components on-the-fly so many bugs will be fixed via a standard update. I assume we could get the issue with interactive mode fixed shortly via an automatic update. In the mean time we have added a new rule to IDS - Allow remote desktop in trusted zone.

11. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

i hope you can check the slowness the "http-scanning" module causes while browsing.

12. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I haven't noticed any slowdown on my computer. What browser do you use and what websites you noticed the slowdown with?

13. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

i use ff and in general the websites loaded pretty swiftly without ess being installed.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I havent noticed any degradation in my web browsing speed.

15. PnP

PnP Registered Member

me too.. i have some problem with scan files sometimes its too slowly..

16. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

I haven't noticed any slowdown either... and on a slower than 56k, 56k I'd notice...

17. mossie

mossie Registered Member

Do NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! install this on vista. It totally ****ed up my system which was running sweetly. Many many sockey errors.

18. mossie

mossie Registered Member

Obviously sockeT not sockeY

19. dave s

dave s Registered Member

Works flawlessly here on Vista Ultimate and Home Premium.

best,

dave

20. OAKside

OAKside Registered Member

I really hope most people do NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take advice from just anyone on the net, either. Works almost perfectly on my legit Vista and XP installs, also.

Thanks for the info, agoretsky and Marcos. I'm sure many were wondering but didn't want to bother asking just yet.

21. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

So why not fix the mistake in the original post instead of creating another post to point out the mistake? :blink:

22. gavo

gavo Registered Member

Working flawlessly on my VISTA system.

23. mossie

mossie Registered Member

Because I am a new poster and I wasn't aware I could do that. Thanks.

24. mossie

mossie Registered Member

:mad:

That's what the net and forums are for, getting both sides of the story. As I said earlier it messed up my system. I have got it running now, after a struggle and much time. Maybe my earlier post was too soon but I was fed up, angry and frustrated, but I am entitled to post my experience regardless of what you seem to believe.

Fine, it's working great for you, I'm happy for you. It's not working great for me, but that's beta software I guess and I took that risk by installing it. It IS working on my system now, but I still have some problems. When I installed it I got a lot of socket errors, I am still getting a few but they are less frequent so maybe it will be OK.

25. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

People calm down.
    It is only the first beta. I prefer a thourough first beta. So ESET can include all the solved bugs into the next beta. If they release a new version after each bug solved we will get a new beta every day .

I prefer this way of working

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.