Beta 2 stopped internet access

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by Blackspear, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

After the last update for Beta 2, I no longer had use of my network card. Initially this was thought to be my network card, tried 3 others, same problem, so thoughts turned to it being Windows XP-Pro SP1 spitting the dummy.

I reformatted and reloaded Windows, installed all my standard programs that I have been using for more than a year, had network access back. Placed on Nod32 Beta 2 and lost network (and internet) access again, it just totally disables my network card. Uninstalled Beta 2, network access (including internet access) returned. It has taken 2 days to get to this point o_O

Downloaded a new copy of Beta 2 for XP, it installed fine, however, it will NOT update, no matter what, it says it is updating, nothing is happening though.

I have been using Beta 1 and Beta 2 (it auto updated to 2) since each was released without a single problem :D

Well I reckon it will make your brain smoke trying to figure out what's going on here, all the best :D

Cheers :D

2. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hey Blackspear,

>After the last update for Beta 2, I no longer had use of my network card.

Still having that problem? Did you change something in the network settings around the time you got these problems at the first time?

Thx. :)

jan

3. Blackspear

Hi Jan,

So far, so good, will have to wait a while.

Still having the update problem though, as in it will NOT update with a fresh install. Have tried rebooting, still no go.

And no, did NOT change a single thing to do with the network card, have been using the same one for over a year, and like I said, same problem with 2 other network cards. After uninstalling Beta 2, things returned to normal. Fresh download and reinstall of Beta 2, problem hasn't arisen again, so far, other than the NO update problem.

4. jan

Hi,

I'd need to send you an utility for checking your net connection - pls. send me a private message with an e-mail address I could send it to.

jan

5. Blackspear

Hi Jan, it's just done it again, I have sent you by email screen shots and the test results you required. In the mean time I've uninstalled Beta 2 and rebooted, my network card has been released in ipconfig and we are back to normal, though without Nod32 Beta 2 installed.

I'm going to leave my system WITHOUT Beta 2 installed for a day or two. I have had my techs at work look at this, and it comes back to Beta 2, after everything working perfectly for a few hours or a day, suddenly Beta 2 locks up my network card, uninstall Beta 2, reboot and network access returns...

6. Blackspear

Hi Jan,

Well 2 days on and everything is perfect with my network card, minus Beta 2, so it comes back to Beta 2 causing the lockout of network access.

I'll now put a fresh download of Beta 2 back on to see if we can cause the problem for a 3rd time...

7. jan

Hi Blackspear,

>I have sent you by email screen shots and the test results you required.

Thanks, checking it here.... :)

jan

8. Brian Evers

Brian Evers Guest

I had to uninstall mine too. It was working fine, then all of the sudden Proximotron was displaying an error message saying it could not open a listener socket and I had no internet access. As soon as I uninstalled NOD everything is working fine again. This happened to me a little over a week ago too. I uninstalled my beta 1 copy and came to the forums and saw beta 2 was out so I installed that and it has been working until now.

BTW, I am accessing the internet through a cable modem router at my house. When it was not working, my network card was not receiving an IP address from the router.

9. Brian Evers

Brian Evers Guest

That's Proxomitron, not Proximotron. :doubt:

10. induspecas

induspecas Registered Member

Excuse me for my intruse! But I have had the same problem that you. The Beta 2 was installed in a server who works with the Microsoft SBS 2k sp3. Since them, the Microsoft ISA Server don't works, the connections with the workstations fails down, happening crashes on the serve several times. Uninstalling the Beta 2, the ISA Server recover yours functions. It is a problem with the IMON module, isn't it? :rolleyes:

11. jan

Hi induspecas,

I'll get back to you.

jan

12. Blackspear

Fresh install of Beta2 has been running perfectly since Feb 24.

So far, so good :D

13. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

14. veberd

veberd Registered Member

I had the same situation in latest beta (8.3.2003). I am using WinXP with SP1. After instaling NOD32 v. 2 beta 2 and reinstaling network driver all connection (Internet and Local) stops responding. After that I removed NOD32beta and all connections works :doubt: OK now.

15. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

A to vec 3003 u Sloveniji ? Zanimljivo! :D

Pozdrav

Technodrome

16. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi guys,

with the following beta all issues regarding LSP's can be solved easily. There has been an option to automatically (or manually) fix possible network problems added to IMON. Please check our website regularly for the next beta release, it should be available for download soon.

Mark

17. Blackspear

It's back in version 4, I tried the new fix network tool, it worked for a little while. Basically I get connection for 3 to 30min and then connection is lost...

Removed Beta 4 and connection is back...

Now not sure, above problem has continued a few hours after removing Beta 4, it may be Telstra cable heartbeat problem. I'll try placing Beta 4 back on.

Anyone know of a visual tool that can be used to see what's happenning with network connection for cable?

18. jan

Hi Blackspear,

>Now not sure, above problem has continued a few hours after removing Beta 4, it may be Telstra cable heartbeat problem.

It's the only such case we know about. It's important to find out if the problem is on the NOD or on the other side. I don't know if this is the case, but some people had problems also on the ISP side. More info here.

>Anyone know of a visual tool that can be used to see what's happenning with network connection for cable?

I don't have such a tool, but maybe somebody here has.

Thanks, :)

jan

19. Blackspear

Hi Jan, the problem ended up being an ISP connection problem, it was just a coincidence that it happened at the same time as I installed the new Beta 4.

Many thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.