Best/Worst customer service

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JRCATES, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I haven't had the opportunity to use or try all of the various "anti-spyware" and anti-malware type applications currently on the market, but I'm curious who others regard as having the best and/or the worst customer service. In other words, whenever you submit a question or a concern, who generally responds quickly and satisfies your situation, and who seemingly avoids the issue and/or takes forever to issue a response that doesn't quite solve the problem.

2. muf

muf Registered Member

Kaspersky(KAV) - Ultra fast. Very accomodating.
    Eset(NOD32) - Slow. Mainly unresponsive.
    PSC(BOClean) - Fast. Exceptional attention to detail in looking after their customers.
    Greatis(Regrun) - Hit and miss.

I use both KAV and NOD and think they are both great. I like NOD32 as an application and believe the authors are doing a great job with it. The support though, is pretty average. KAV on the other hand has all the ticks in all the boxes. :D

BOClean pretty much as good as KAV, but not quite as fast. But they are slightly more inclined to go out of their way to assist in resolving any problems you are having. And that's the ultimate accolade cos Kaspersky are no slouches!!!

Regrun occassionally answer quick, but mostly only when you pester them. Great product, in fact my most unreplaceable application. But the support is very hit and miss. And in all honesty, so far it's missed more than it's hit.

There's lots more, but i'll leave at these for now.

muf

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  3. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

That's cool, muf...thanks for the 411. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's vendors taking their customers for granted and not supplying the necessary info or fixes necessary to make them a happy camper.....

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

If A was defined as predictable, quick response, I couldn't give any of the vendors I use an A. It seems that I always have to shake the trees a bit to get someone's attention. Among those that I have had contact, this is how I would rate them:

Kaspersky: B
    DiamondCS: B+
    ZoneAlarm: B
    Greatis: B
    Ghost Security: B+

When I am in a pinch, I usually rely on DiamondCS for the most accurate and quickest answers. Pilli, Wayne, and Gavin, on DiamondCS's Wilders forum, have always been most helpful as has Jason of Ghost Security. Igor on Kaspersky's forum is usually someone I can count on.

Rich

5. Jaws

Jaws Registered Member

Hi JR,

Bill (Winpatrol) over at CC is great at answering your questions on their forum. Also e-mailed him once and fast response.

On the other hand Eset still hasn't got back to me ( it's been 1 week) when e-mailed sales about upgrading from single license to a 2 year family pack. You'd think they would at least respond to their “customer” with a *no we don't do that* if you order direct from us.

Regards,

Jaws

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I've always experienced the opposite with Eset, they've always been very fast and very accomodating for me. Same with Prevx. All others have been pretty much average, except when I emailed NSClean about registering my copy of BOClean to expedite future updates last weekend, but have not recieved any kind of response yet. o_O

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I really didn't like the time it took or attitude of the support at Computer Associates :mad:. I hope others have had a better time with them.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I got real tired of the bot Sammy when he was around at CA. :D

9. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

F-Prot support always gave me lickety-split, friendly, competent service.

A-squared -- for some reason, Andreas seems more inclined to answer the mail here at Wilders than he does on his own forum. Odd.

DrWeb -- highly variable, but mostly on the slow side.

Trojan Remover -- Nigel is blazing fast with his personal replies to any & all questions.

Outpost -- simply THE best support forum I have ever found. Agnitum is VERY fortunate to have the highly competent, dedicated volunteers who make their support forum what it is. If I had to rely on the consistently aloof, unresponsive support from Agnitum itself, I wouldn't touch Outpost with a 10 foot pole.

Security Task Manager - Fast & capable support. I was mildly discontented about a relatively minor issue. They fixed the issue & gave me a nice freebie to boot.

Greatis (RegRun) - Dmitry is sometimes a bit slow to reply to posts on his support forum, but he ALWAYS makes good, & fixes what needs fixing. He is one of the most incredibly fair, generous, trustworthy, and conscientous businessmen/programmers I have ever dealt with.

10. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

My experience:

Excellent service from: DiamondCS, F-Prot, Kaspersky, Raxco, Prevx, and, Lucidlink(wireless security)

Horrible service from: McAfee and Symantec

11. musicman

musicman Registered Member

My experience with Best/Worst Service has been:
    Nod32 - C
    Trojan Remover - A
    F-prot - B+
    Ace Utilities - C
    Agnitum - C
    Jetico - B
    Norton - D
    McAfee - D

These are just a few that I wanted to share. What I have found over the years once they have you in their pocket as the term goes. Now in their defense they may be over-whelmed with tech support/and or sales questons and don't have the necessary staff to cover everyone. But in general its like pulling teeth to get help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.