Best With Opera 12; Spyshelter Free or Zemana Free ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by wtsinnc, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

My question runs dangerously close to violating forum rules; ie: "this" versus "that".

All I'm trying to do is get user opinions regarding which of the two applications would provide better protection using Opera 12 (usually but not always sandboxed) running on XP/SP-2.

I've been using Keyscrambler with IE8 and Firefox 18 but no longer trust it considering the latest version.
    As of now, I will probably continue to use KS 2.9.3.0 with IE and FF but want to try a different freeware anti-keylogger with Opera.

Any suggestions as to which would offer better protection ?

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

SpyShelter Free provides quite a large part of the protection from the paid version, though only works on 32 bit. Zemana Free is only a keystroke encrypter like Keyscrambler, and is very limited compared to the paid version. So if you're on 32 bit I would suggest SpyShelter.

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I lost faith in KeyScrambler a long time ago and abandoned it. But if I may ask, what's wrong with the new version that makes you want to avoid it?

4. wtsinnc

I have experienced several interactive conflicts with version 3.0 , particularly a conflict with Sandboxie 3.76 and Firefox 19 Beta.
    KS version 2.9.3 coexists quite well with FF 19 and SBIE 3.76 but already, it's difficult to find a download location for KS 2.9.3.
    Luckily, I have the installer so backtracking to the earlier version is no problem, but the developers at QFX Software have
    changed the application in ways I do not care for.
    Hence, I feel now is the time to switch to another anti-logger.

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

6. wtsinnc

BoerenkoolMetWorst;

Thanks for the information and link.
    I registered and downloaded Zemana Pro and it's activated and running (so far) perfectly.
    Hopefully, this is the answer to the problem.

Again, thanks.

ps: I've already tried Spyshelter. I like it as well but this being free for 12 months represents a better deal, I believe.

7. BoerenkoolMetWorst

No problem :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.