Best way to install NOD32 4.X on systems the Remote Administrator Console doesn't see

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by toiletvictorious, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toiletvictorious

toiletvictorious Registered Member

There are a few times that a system on our domain doesn't show up in either the Clients tab or the Remote Install -> Computers tab. The way I've been handling it is manually installing the client and then importing the settings XML file.

I haven't looked into having the RAC communicate directly with Active Directory yet which may be one fix. It would probably be beneficial to have separate OU's in AD representing departments which would then trickle down to RAC.

I'm new to the administration so I wanted to see what others were doing.

2. murdamcloud

murdamcloud Registered Member

3. PCMonk

PCMonk Registered Member

I usually install local or via an RDP or VNC session. If you export the settings to a file called cfg.xml and place that in the same folder with the installer that settings file is automatically used in the install. You could also just export an install package and use that. It saves a step.

You can also send an install package via email. Go to the Remote Install tab and choose Actions on the menu. There you will see the "Send via Email" option. There you just select the package you want to deploy.

4. toiletvictorious

toiletvictorious Registered Member

Thanks for the great responses, guys. I didn't know you could export an install package so that could be the first place I look.

I did see that you could manually add a computer name under the Remote Tab -> Computers tab, in the left pane expanding out Custom -> Custom List -> Computers. You can right click on the "Computers" folder and go to edit.

All that said, I'd like to try the package method over all of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.