Best System Snapshot Program

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I was wondering if someone could advise me on a good system snapshot program that is good. I have tried goback but it wouldnt seem to work for me (it said the maximum space i can have is 800mb for some reason) i was planning on buying raxcos firstdefense but someone who has it said its not very good and they advised me to get something called Dantz retrospect.

I would like some software that could possibly put the snapshot on another drive if possible, but if not which is the best you would recommend.

Thanks
    Anthony

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Retrospect is a great backup program if you want to backup to an external drive.

First Defense by Raxco is in my opinion an excellent snapshot program. I wouldn't be without it. It is not a backup solution for disk drive failure, as it can only put a snapshot on the same drive. This is because any and all the snapshots are bootable. If you need to recover from anything trashing your system (not including disk failure) first defense works perfectly.

I've installed beta's that weren't ready and windows wouldn't even boot. System would try and boot and crash. Booted into a secondary snapshot, did a 3 minute copy, and it was like that beta was never there.

Also great for testing new software, that can be hard to get rid of if you don't want it.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.