Best strategy to update 50 pc's from V3 to V4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Clouseau219, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clouseau219

Clouseau219 Registered Member

Hello,

after some problems with updating some pc's from v3 to v4 I want to ask what the best strategy is to update the rest of our 50 pc's.
    In a test environment I tested it with push installation over a GPO. It uninstalled the v3 and after another reboot it installed the v4 but the config was lost.
    With RA we run into trouble that the v3 was not uninstalled completely and the installation of the v4 ended with an error. After removing the leftover from v3 with Windows Installer Clean Up as describe in the Eset FAQ I was able to install the v4.
    But I don't want to do it manual on all 50 pc's. That the reason we bought the business edition.
    Is there another way?

Greetings

2. dorgane

dorgane Guest

Eset if would have an option with the "automatic update program" (even disabled by default, it would be easier ...

but they do not want :/

i think by era console ? i don't hnow...

3. a_kerbouchard

a_kerbouchard Registered Member

In my GPO testing from 3.0.650 to 4.0.424 if I selected 4.0.424 package to uninstall the old package it would uninstall 3.0.650 then attempt to install 4.0.424, reboot and the computer is left without an antivirus and manual intervention is required to remove leftover junk on the machine to install any version again.

If I have 4.0.424 upgrade over 3.0.650 it works just requires a reboot when done, its worked everytime, but Im not sure I trust it.

Not too impressed yet and I have 600 machines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.