best program for backing up over network (w7)

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by country2, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. country2

country2 Registered Member

I have a wide assortment of paragon software from giveaways and specials.

I have Drive backup 9.5 pro, Backup and Recover 10 free and compact edition, also Drive Back Up 10 SE.

Wonder out of these what would be the best to use for backups (imaging) other computers on the network running windows 7...

I had been using Drive back Up 9.5 Pro before setting up my network but see no option for imaging over the network No network in drop down menu but shows them in file transfer..thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Re: best program for backing up over networl (w7)

You can backup to shared network drive if it is mapped in Windows.

To map the drive:
    * navigate to the desired shred folder
    * right-click it and select Map Network Drive
    * assign desired drive letter and enable option to reconnect

Then run Backup wizard from any Paragon product you like (but I would recommend one of the newer 10 versions, because they should contain updates & bugfixes),
    In the Backup wizard select Local\network drive as destination and find the mapped folder in the list.

3. country2

country2 Registered Member

thanks for the info...all of them are really version 10 as the drive backup pro 9.5 is actually version 10. What I heard is on specials as in promotion giveaways they'll drop version name down .5 if true don't know but the files in it shows version 10.....

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Yes, you are right. DB 9.5 is the same as DB 10, but it doesn't have WinPE. As all versions you have are free versions DB 9.5 Pro appears to be the best choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.