Best Practice

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Oremina, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oremina

Oremina Registered Member

Have been lurking round this forum for, I guess, best part of a couple of years. One thing has now kicked my bottom into joining - and that is Process Guard v2.

Just spent the morning installing and setting up my new PG full version. Have studied the Help notes and this forum carefully. I am pretty sure that I'm getting it right, but just to set my mind a rest, would be grateful of advice on "Best practice" for the following.

My internet security kit is;- NAV2002. NIS2002, Boclean 4.11 and a².

What I would like to know is should I only Program Protect the exe files which have internet access, e.g. the NIS IAMAPP.exe and NAV navpw32.exe, or should I stick all the exe files in NAV, NIS etc. into Program Protect? Or doesn't it matter?

Further to that, is it recommended to put all my various program exe files into Program Protect or would I be wasting my time?

:D
    Hope this doesn't seem a silly waste of time question.. just want to know what the experts think.

Regards

Oremina

2. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

First, add security programs, then internet enabled program.
    Then, i have personally added a lot more programs that i usually use, to ensure thet they won't be used/attacked/modified by malwares :)

3. Oremina

Oremina Registered Member

Bonjour gkweb

Thanks for you quick reply... I think what you explained was the way I was thinking too. I guess because I'm not lvery experienced it gives a bit of confidence to see what others do.
    Much obliged.

a bientot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.