Best Password Manger for Mac Users?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by iunlock, Dec 26, 2014.

1. iunlock

iunlock Registered Member

Upon a lot of reading and research.....I'm looking to settle on 1Password as it seems to be reliable, straight forward, and it being a stand alone program vs a browser app.

Any Mac users have any input on this topic?

My use:
    Computer + Phone (Android)
    Stand Alone.

Thanks!

2. Fontaine

Fontaine Registered Member

1Password is very popular among Mac users. I tried it out, and it's definitely nice, but I stuck with Lastpass for a few reasons.

I really wish Keepass worked on Mac. There is KeepassX but it's no where near what Keepass on windows is.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Keepass and keepassX are both using a locally stored database with a secure user built password so how can keepass on windows be better than keepassX on any other system.?

4. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

There is KyPass 3 from the App Store. I've never used it. I've heard it was a bit buggy for the price. I am using KeePass with Mono in OS X, it not pretty but it works for my purposes. There is another possible promising program being developed called Mac Pass mstarke/MacPass · GitHub

5. Fontaine

Fontaine Registered Member

Have you tried both programs? There is a night and day difference in features and user experience. KeepassX has been stuck on the same version for years, while Keepass on windows is actively maintained and routinely updated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.