Best Partition Software?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Spray-on Dust, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Spray-on Dust

What you can do is slipstrem SP2, that way you have all your disk seen. [bigger then 135gb]

I have not read all the posts so if this has been said already please ignore it.

Take Care,
    theQuest :cool:

2. operafox

operafox Registered Member

Hi...

I just installed and tried PartitionMagic from Symantec...It's the 8.0 version.

I must admid I was afraid to try another Symantec soft, because I feared I would find a bloated and destroyed PowerQuest's Partition Magic 8.0 with Symantec's name on it.

As far as I can see, Symantec did put its name on the product, but other than that, it just looks to me as exactly the same product which PowerQuest last published before Symantec took over the software.

One thing I love about Partition Magic 8.0 (let's call it that way since, IMHO, there's no difference between PowerQuest's 8.0 and Symantec's 8.0) is its ability to merge partitions - ability which existed way back in the older PQ versions. That's a feature still missing in the Acronis's partitioning products.

But I got another surprise: Partition Magic is able to detect my extenal USB2 Hard Drive, only to show NO partition information about it and displaying an error message.

Acronis's Partition Suite, although unable to merge existing partitions, correctly displays the second HD content: exact partitions, precise nature of those, available space on different partitions, etc., and allows me to perform the operations I decide on it.

So - to make a long story short: for those who couldn't get their hands on PowerQuest's Partition Magic 8.0, the Symantec 8.0 is, IMHO, exactly the same, and installs/runs as smoothly and easily as one might desire.

The other news is that Partition Magic is not able to do everything some users might want, and Acronis's Partitioning tools have a bright future as a major competitor of Symantec's products.

Not sure this may be of interest to anyone, but I thought I'd post it anyway - one never knows... ;)

Regards, OperaFox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.