Best Online Wallet for Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by lucygrl, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucygrl

lucygrl Registered Member

What are the best online wallets to store Bitcoin? Is Coinbase ok? Any others?

Also, where is the best place to buy some Bitcoin with Paypal?

thankyou.

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I don't recommend online wallets. It's far more secure to have a local wallet on each of device that you use on the Internet. MultiBit wallets are very lightweight, because they don't download the blockchain, which is now many GB in size.

Buying Bitcoins with credit or debit cards, directly or via PayPal, just doesn't work. That's because Bitcoin transactions are irreversible, while transactions with credit and debit cards can be reversed via chargebacks. It's a safe bet that anyone who offers that service, and isn't charging you a 30%-50% fee, is planning to rip you off :(

For buying from Bitstamp and Coinbase, you send money by bank transfer. Given that we don't know where each other are, I can't recommend specific alternatives. See https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/FAQ#How_can_I_get_bitcoins.3F

3. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Bank transfer works fine. I would then move/mix your Bitcoins after they hit your initial wallet from the bank transfer/deposit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.