best method to recover...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ivam, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivam

ivam Registered Member

Hi,

I've recently started using the trial version of ATI Ent. Echo Server and I've read most of the user manual. However, I still cannot decide which method I should use if I would like to restore the entire server (let's say due to hard drive failure). It seems to me that no matter which boot CD I use (BartPE, Acronis BootCD), I need to add extra drivers such as RAID controller, NIC drivers. So in this case, isn't it better to install Server 2003 from scratch (using IBM/Dell installation media which will make sure that all drivers are installed) and then restore the server using either the agent or the full version? I know this method would take longer, but does it have any disadvantages? What would you recommend?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Well all the drivers are in the image so the real problem is the recovery CD. With the Bartpe CD you can add all the drivers you need to see your disk to the bart disk. Then booting to the the bart disk would just mean restoring the image.

Pete

3. Roman1

Roman1 Registered Member

Hmmm I hope not. I'm currently trialling TI Echo Server and I'm currently working on the assumption that I can restore a disk image after booting from the Acronis rescue disk. I'd try F11 first though unless the drive has suffered a physical failure. I'm using hardware RAID1 with an Adaptec card.

I'm expecting that I should be able to restore the disk image located in the safe zone, or restore the image from an external USB drive if both internal drives have failed.

I'm running two separate tasks to produce these two images until the next build which I'm hoping will include the Dual Destination option.

4. ivam

ivam Registered Member

I see... I've checked BartPE's manual and found out how to add additional drivers.

1) What if I'd like to use Acronis Boot CD? How do I add additional drivers into it?
    2) Which Boot CD do you recommend and why?

Thank you

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis Server Disk Backup software

ivam, Acronis Bootable Rescue Media should support your RAID controller and NIC. If these devices are not supported for some reason then could you please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post? Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Please note that it's not possible to add drivers to Acronis Bootable Rescue Media but you can be provided with modified ISO image of this media (and these missing drivers would be included into the next build of the product).

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.