Best method for buying all DCS apps

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Defenestration, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I'm interested in purchasing all DCS apps except CryptoSuite and was going to buy the Action Pack. This does not include Process Guard which I want, so I was wondering what's the best/cheapest way of purchasing them.

If I purchase the Action Pack, will I get a discount on Process Guard ?

2. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

yup, if you get the action pack you do get a discount on other products, I think like 10% or something

3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

i get 15% off on my discount thinghy

i would had goten 20% percent off but for some reason they dont count worm guard as a dcs app?

strange

4. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

We simply don't count Wormguard for the discount because it hasn't yet been updated to the new system. v4.00 of Wormguard will be however.

5. newbieborn

newbieborn Guest

Anyone please help me understand clearly one of the purchase options at DCS site which states "Unlimited-Use Home License - if you have two or more computers, you can protect them ALL for just...$!". Does it mean that if someone choose this option when buying PG, CS (for example), she can ask for another license (to get full version running) for her relatives? Is there any limits to home user relatives, for example, her brother lives in different country/home/city? Is it that all must be in the same house?
    Thanks.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, can you please tell where you found that last part, as i can't find it this moment.
    Unless things have changed normally you need one license per computer per product.
    By buying one, you get 5% discount on a next product, till 20% total; the Action Pack itself gives already 10% at once (so also for your WormGuard!).
    I am not sure about possible savings on a second Action Pack for your family, interesting idea.

EDIT:
    It is the person buying the software who get's price reduction, so if you give it as a present to your neighbor or oversea's aunt you are still the person buying it and getting the reduction.

I can't imagine why people wouldn't be interested in CryptoSuite which adds so much to your sensitive data security and the extra's with secure wiping and encrypted messaging to keep communication really private in personal and corporate environments. In our most wiretapped country in the world we love CryptoSuite messaging!
    And storing data free from prying eyes and infections is something .......

Since we are here in the ProcessGuard forum the interes in that is self-evident and has proven itself in the world.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  7. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Unlimited home use means the person who bought it can use it on all their home machines, not their brothers/wives/friends/business machines. :)

The single home license means if you have 5 computers at your house, ProcessGuard can only be on one of them, if you had the unlimited license, you could put it on all 5 legally.

8. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

One small thing about Process Guard v3 public beta - if you enter an unlimited licence code it still reports it as a personal licence in the About section.

Does DCS plan on extending the Unlimited Licence idea to their remaining products? (TDS-3, WG, PE, etc). It does offer good value for home network users and it seems a pity that DiamondCS die-hards are having to wait for the release of TDS-<censored> or WG-<censored> to get their Unlimited fix. :)

9. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

:D 'TDS-<censored>' this is very funny P2K !! .. i have to climb back on my chair..i.was: ROFLWTIMELSHMBHSWLOEON

or: "Rolling On Floor Laughing With Tears In My Eyes Laughing So Hard My Belly Hurts Screaming With Laughter, On Extra Oxygen Now"

My wife was laughing So hard that my neighbours (half a mile away)
    thought there was a bussinessjet starting en taking off from their garden.
    :D
    ---

P2k i was thinking about posting a new thread with all kind of questions
    about how a configuration option has to be set in 'TDS-<censored>' ...
    And that it took so long too download this new release.
    But i expect that the number of hits on the webserver
    from searchers for the TDS-C perhaps could cause the same problems as a DOS-attack. So i will not make that joke.

But i hope that perhaps next week (November 2004) we will get an update .. on TDS-C ..
    Perhaps.. we get 1 line... for us who are waiting so long and didn't complain.
    but we don't want to disturb them.. (perhaps in a coffee-break)

....need a glass of water now ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.