BEST Keylogger Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WE Sim, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WE Sim

WE Sim Guest

Hi!

Anyone using a keylogger software? Any recommendation for the BEST keylogger software?

Although there's some comparison here but its incomplete :-

http://www.keylogger.org/

TIA

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Best keylogger? Any of them, really - provided SpyBotSd and TDS will detect the damn things and rip them out.

Your question is a little like what's the best form of personal injury...

3. WE Sim

WE Sim Guest

Hi Checkout!

I'm using one of the keylogger softwares and neither SpyBotSd nor TDS detected it less talk of ripping it out.

I don't understand why you said so as these keylogger softwares are legitimate ones. Do ypu consider them as bots or trojans?

Care to elaborate?

4. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Sure. The sole purpose of a keylogger (correct me if you know differently) is for one person to spy on one or more others, which is morally and ethically indefensible - IMHO.

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi WE Sim,

Do you perhaps run PestPatrol and/or SpyCop?
    If so, did they detect it?

6. WE Sim

WE Sim Guest

Hi Checkout!

Thats provided you're doing it with an ulterior motive. Sort of secretly installing it onto another's PC or remotely installing (through e-mail) without the other party's consent or knowledge.

I use it because I'm using my notebook in the office and I would like to see (just in case) if anybody tampers with my notebook and what (if any) was tampered when I'm away from my desk. Of couse I could have use a simple screensaver password but I'm not using any screensaver on my system as my experience with screensaver was it crashes with other programs easily.

Basically, all keylogger programs provide you to capture snapshots of your screen, keystrokes, e-mail access, program access etc and I find it very useful for this purpose.

I believe if you use it in the right context you'll find a keylogger software very useful indeed.

Thanks

7. WE Sim

WE Sim Guest

Hi FanJ!

I tried running SpyCop Corp Ed but it failed to execute, some sort of kernel.dll error, which it never happened before prior to installing the keylogger software. Reinstallation also gave the same error.

I believe the two programs never see eye-to-eye. So, I uninstalled SpyCop and keep the keylogger program. What a pity now that I'm unable to detect if someone else would to install a keylogger onto my system. Well, you can't have the best of both worlds all the times, right? Maybe...just maybe... one day I again change my mind and reinstall SpyCop and remove the keylogger program.

I thought that programs like Ad-aware, SpyBot S&D or perhaps PestPatrol may help to detect such keyloggers? Maybe they are not that good at detecting keyloggers yet.

I may seek an alternative solution.......hmmm.....

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I hafta say, I think keyloggers are very bad things indeed overall; but there's certainly nothing wrong with using one on your OWN computer to see if others tamper with something. Pretty decent idea. Just saying this because I hadn't ever thought such things had a legit purpose either; but this is one.

9. Proxo Lady

Proxo Lady Guest

I will tell you a story about something that happened to a friend who goes to school at the University of Wisconsin. She suspected a keylogger on her computer as a gift left by her jealous boyfriend when she broke up with him. A few of us helped her run everything we could get her hands on. She felt comfortable after she ran a couple of the programs and it didn't detect anything. Someone installed their personal copy of this other program on after she kept thinking he was knowing too much. Anyhow, I just called her {just hung up} and she said the program that actually detected it was called Who's Watching Me. I just put it in Google and found it at www.trapware.com and it has a free trial so you might give it a try. I am downloading it as soon as I get through posting here. You never know especially on campus where the guys can sometimes go to great lengths to check up on ex girlfriends. Anywhere really I guess.

MELISSA
    University Of Illinios at Urbana-Champaign

10. WE Sim

WE Sim Guest

Hi!

FanJ,

I ran PestPatrol and it indeed found a keylogger (my keylogger) on my system. Well, since I'm using the keylogger program for a purpose the alert by PestPatrol is OK to me.

Proxo Lady,

Thanks for the info on Who's Watchng Me. I'll give it a try later

11. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Thanks WE Sim !

12. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

hmmmm keyloger on x girlfrinds lol he he heevery litle step you take song comes into blazes head lol now need to coat it with yabb 2.0 lol

just kiding i had to let it out lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.