Best HD Manager 2010 route to "Move" a partition from mSATA to an internal HD?

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Jonathan7007, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan7007

Jonathan7007 Registered Member

All,
    I have Hard Disk Suite 2010. I thought the right tool would be in the Paragon arsenal but maybe not!

I cannot tell - after a few stabs at it - which route will get me to my goal: move a 31Gig partition with a Lenovo system recovery from my little 80Gig mSATA card (which acts as the C:\ boot drive from the PCI slot in the laptop) to the internal Hitachi 750Gig spinning hard drive. (D:\)

When I set up the Hitachi I created an Unallocated zone of 39Gig to perform this operation without disturbing the existing data partition.

Thoughts? Ideas, suggestions?

Thanks, in advance.

jonathan7007

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

1) Lenovo Recovery Partition might not work after moving to another HDD as most recovery tools are hard linked to the original HDD and in most cases fail to start after any changes (layout changes on original system HDD or moving partition to another drive)

2) You can copy your Recovery partition to Hitachi drive using Copy Partition wizard. It is available in Full Scale launcher of HDM Suite 2010.
    Navigate to Wizards menu and click "Copy partition" wizard.
    Then select Lenovo recovery as source and unallocated space of Hitachi drive as target.
    Apply changes.
    Once completed, you can simply delete the Lenovo Recovery from the original system drive and extend your system partition to cover the unallocated space.

3. Jonathan7007

Jonathan7007 Registered Member

Thanks! I was surprised that this obvious pathway wasn't offered so I posted. I will look for the "full scale" option.

I'm guessing that a moved partition might not work. The Lenovo forum participants feel it probably would. I had already moved to the mSATA as the host of the recovery partition but always knew it would have to be moved, as there's only 80Gig. I might have to place my hopes on the recovery DVDs... but going back to the very beginning state is no fun, so plan to use another module of Paragon HD Suite to make regular backups of C:\

Again, thanks.
    jonathan7007

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.