Best free newb-friendly HIPS?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Robot_Z, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robot_Z

Robot_Z Registered Member

I started off with Comodo, but started reading more about Comodo (especially reviews) and it was just too convincing to ignore.

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

The only thing i didn't like about Comodo HIPS is that they started whitelisting every single app their forum members requested, not a good move security wise IMO. :cautious:
    When i stopped using Comodo like 2 years ago they already had around 10K publishers whitelisted . . . Not good. I wonder how much they have now.

3. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

To be fair, they're not whitelisting every app requested. They are carefully analyzing them before adding them to the whitelist. In fact, I've seen quite a few apps rejected.

The larger the whitelist the easier the program is to use. In fact, it's largely because of this large whitelist that Comodo Firewall is relatively easy to use.

By the way, I recommend that you configure Comodo Firewall by following the advice I give in my article about How to Install Comodo Firewall.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahahaha yeah, i know they look for companies info and all that but i saw too many random publishers that i never heard of, when i used it back then i used to delete the whitelist DB and just create my own whitelist based on apps installed in my PC. :D
    A lot better. :D :D

5. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

best noob friendly hips is comodo

comodo is very easy to use and effective

6. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

best noob friendly hips is online armor

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I guess it all depends on personal preferences but both Comodo and OA are quite when set to auto. (Which by default they're kinda auto) :D
    Anyways, i'd go for OA since they have an awesome support. :thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.