Best free firewall to replace Kerio 2.1.5?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by WaterWall, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaterWall

WaterWall Guest

I can't use Kerio 2.1.5 anymore because of BSOD issue when using vmware with guest OS networking enabled.

And I can't use Kerio 4.2.2 because vmware guest OS cannot use internet after Kerio trial period expires--I found out the hard way when it expired today.

I'm kinda tight on money right now so I need to stick with a free firewall. Being able to block specific applications/processes from reaching the internet is a must-have feature.

And I can't afford to reinstall my entire OS so I need to stick with one that is well-behaved--or can easily be uninstalled without hassles if it satisfactory.

Which do you recommend?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hello WaterWall, If you like the simple approach which uses very low resources, please try GhostSecurities, GhostWall : https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=99345 This is a rules based firewall and does not have application control but is ideal for those that want fast and effective protection.

HTH Pilli :)

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Hi.. you can try Filseclab Personal Firewall Pro 3, it's free and also light on resources.. aside from that it's also very easy to install and to uninstall. It has built-in rules to blocks some Trojans, viruses and worms and also blocks some vulnerable ports and some adware websites... and you can add your own rules in a snap. :cool:

I have tried the others... but experience some problems with them... maybe they're too heavy for my pc to handle, so I'd always go back to Filseclab. GhostWall is also very light, but I think it's more suitable for advanced users who already knows how to make specific rules in a firewall and it's still new. :D

Maybe Filseclab will not pass most leaktests... but I have other protective softwares to handle that.:)

4. TeknO

TeknO Registered Member

You must enable gateway mode in the advanced tab of network security section.

5. WaterWall

WaterWall Guest

>>>You must enable gateway mode in the advanced tab of network security section.

I know. That feature worked fine until the trial period expired.

6. WaterWall

WaterWall Guest

Thanks, but I don't think it has this "must-have" feature I mentioned in my original post:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.