Best free anti-keylogger?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by wearetheborg, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wearetheborg

wearetheborg Registered Member

Any recommendations for the best free anti-keylogger?

How effective are anti-keyloggers?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I want keylogger protection even when I am not surfing; eg, say I'm viewing some MS Office document --- I want to know if some embedded malware in the documentis logging my keys (outside the MS Office window)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  2. progress

progress Guest

KeyScrambler :)

3. Eru

Eru Registered Member

4. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

Prevx SafeOnline
    here's the free fully functional: http://prevx.com/safebook

They are good!
    also, modern software firewalls can suffice as a decent antikeylogger.

5. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

what about safekeys,,did you guys try it?

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

As I see it, there is a bit of a problem with SOL.

#1- I *think* SOL gives no protection EXCEPT when I am surfing the net.

#2- I *think* SOL only protects when I visit SSL sites (when the little picture of a padlock is showing on my browser).

Thus, I do not know of any free keylogger that I would stake my privacy on. It would be off-topic for me to recommend superb (but NON-free) keylogger protection, such as DefenseWall or Spyshelter-premium, so I shall refrain from doing so. :gack:

7. Eru

Eru Registered Member

But there is a Free version of SpyShelter - SpyShlter Personal Free: http://www.spyshelter.com/download.html :p

8. Konata Izumi

true. ^^

9. wearetheborg

wearetheborg Registered Member

I forgot to mention that I want keylogger protection even when I am not surfing; eg, say I'm viewing some MS Office document --- I want to know if some embedded malware in the documentis logging my keys (outside the MS Office window)

10. Konata Izumi

Spyshelter Free then. :thumb:
    or you could just simply sandbox MS Office using Sandboxie in your signature :)

11. guest

guest Guest

Comodo D+ is free and more complete than Spyshelter

12. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

1 - Your brain and your fingers :D

2 - Whitelisting app :thumb:

3 - What others have already suggested :thumb:

13. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

keyscrambler free version

14. bellgamin

OP asked for an anti-keylogger, NOT a full-blown classic HIPS. Why suggest an 18-wheeler semi when all OP wants to do is haul a roll of chicken wire? :)

15. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

16. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

KeyScrambler Personal 2.7 ( free ) + SpyShelter Personal (free )

17. guest

guest Guest

Because you can configure the 18-wheeler semi to transport a roll of chicken wire.
    Defense+ Settings -> Monitoring Settings.

And as far as I know Spyshelter pretends to be an HIPS http://www.spyshelter.com/description.html
    So why no choose Comodo If I am going to be protected better and against more things for free and with less popups?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
  18. hugsy

hugsy Registered Member

19. bellgamin

It's not pretending. SpyShelter has an increasingly broad-spectrum arsenal of HIPS capabilities. I happen to prefer a different HIPS + FW so I disable SS's HIPS. That is easily done -- simply turn off the light bulb, as shown below:

ScrHunt01 06-Sep-10.gif
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the way, since you post a Comodo plug in nearly every thread you visit -- regardless of the topic -- I would assume that you favor that particular security application. :cautious:

20. guest

guest Guest

Well not everybody have money to pay for sofware (I don't), so if I'm looking for HIPS I will allways think in free HIPS and this only left me Comodo. There is any other free HIPS or anti-keylogger? I can't remember one.
    If you like to pay for spyshelter is your choice, but other people maybe want to know that there are free alternatives sometimes better than the paid ones.

You say that I reccomend Comodo? please check your posts here and in other threads and read what you say when is about anti-keyloggers and HIPS, you always recommend spyshelter, probably because is your favourite, you like it...

Ask me about a which AV i would recommend and I wont say Comodo.

21. Eru

Eru Registered Member

Yeah, but there is a Free version of SpyShelter - I've even posted a link to it...
    And SpyShelter is the best (and in a Free version too) anti-logging app (in my opinion) :p

22. guest

guest Guest

Yes Spyshelter free
    AntiWebCamLogger NO
    AntiSoundRecorder NO
    AntiNetworkSpy NO
    64 bit systems support NO So maybe only the 40% of people can use it and every year less. I can't

23. bellgamin

Malware Defender is free. So also is EQSecure. Online Armor has a free version which is HIPS + FW. The same is true for Private FW + HIPS + Anomaly-checker.

For those still using Win XP, there is also Netchina S3. Our resident guru Kees1958 wrote a splendid tutorial on this app a while back.

So is Comodo the only free FW + HIPS? Not by a long shot.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, back at the topic -- Zemana is another superb anti-logger but it isn't free. However, in the past Zemana has often made special, short-term offers where it has been sold at VERY deep discounts. Keep your eyes peeled! ;)

24. guest

guest Guest

I think that Malware Defender and EQSecure were abandonware, also if I remember well they have just 32 bit versions.
    I have tried Private firewall and I didnt like at all, I only found problems, maybe this is why I forget it.
    And I think that the free version of Online Armor (they recently made the x64 version) the HIPS is less powerfull than the free because It does not have the advanced mode.

Anyway can I recommend what I think is better without being "intimidate" (too strong word for this but I couldnt find another xD) or if any other topic about HIPS and anti-keylogger appears have I to recommend spyshelter like you do?

25. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I'm pretty sure that it protects against KL on all sites,but I'm willing to stand corrected if needs be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.