best firewall out there?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by random, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noone

noone Guest

What about kerio 4.0 does anyone recomend this?

2. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

You have to know what your are doing, and if you configure it incorrectly without realizing what you have done you have a problem completely of your own creation as its completely user configured. I have NO speed issues with Kerio 2x, its all in your configuration.

The biggest error is sitting in front of your keyboard :cool:

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It had some issues, don't know if the have been resolved or not. I didn't use it so I couldn't tell you what they were.

4. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

Personally, its buggy beta software, even still after 2 years. I have a license given to me for beta testing 4x, but I'm so disgusted with how buggy the program still is I don't want to run it.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you can read a little more about KPF4 here

6. noone

noone Guest

Thanks, I'm using sygate 5.5 now after getting rid of ZA 5, had nothing but problems with it. I used an older version of ZA 4.5 and ran smooth after setting it up. It just seems like they keep adding more Bloatware in every release. I was looking for just a simple firewall that didn't have all the stuff I don't need, so far sygate 5.5 isn't to bad.

7. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

I tried ZA 5 and could not even get it to install properly, computer would not revoot after installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.