Best File Revoery after Format Program

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Tonight i have upgraded to XP Pro with SP2. I upgraded in dos and done a complete format of my C drive twice beforehand.

I thought i had backed up my firefox bookmarks profile. But when i done the format and loaded SP2. To my horror i find i backed up the wrong profile and my main profile with a years worth of valuble bookmarks is gone.

So i was having the idea of one of those hard drive recovery programs to find my old Firefox profile folder. So can i ask which is the best at finding files after a full complete format. Or am i wasting my time.

I just need to use it once so something that has a trial or demo would be handy.

Which is the best program for getting back files after a full format.

Thanks
    Anthony

2. hadi

hadi Guest

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i would recommend getdataback, however, its demo isnt fully functional or something.

4. starward

starward Guest

It doesn't seem as though you can recovery everything with programs like Restoration and Pc Inspector File Recovery because when I do any tests I can never find the file/folder I just deleted, so it can't be recovered.

Try it for yourself make a new folder on your desktop, name it, and then delete it. It won't show up in the list of files/folders that can be recovered by either of the aformentioned programs, so how good is that?

5. iwod

iwod Registered Member

May be that is one of those software type that i can never really understand how to do a comparison testing.

But most ( if not all ) Recovery program don't allow Recover of program files or are only limited to limited size of files.
    And after format support Recovery program is even more limited.! Many said EasyRecovery 6 is good.

you may want to go to snapfiles.com and have a look.
    Sorry can't help you more.

6. diginsight

diginsight Security Expert

7. Notok

Notok Registered Member

RecoverMyFiles is very good and easy to use, but also costs. I've also heard very good things about PC Inspector (mentioned above)

8. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    Restoration works for data. I have done such tests. provided that the only process on HD was format alone, then "restoration" can do a good job for recovering data (not video/audio files). Also I found that the recovered files become useless after such formating process
    NTFS then FAT then LINUX then NTFS then FAT then LINUX then NTFS.
    it takes 5 min to do it using PartitionMagic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.