Best Cleaner Program?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Straight Shooter, Jan 6, 2003.

?

What do you think is the best cleaner out there?

1. Windows Washer?

21 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. Tracks Eraser Pro?

9 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. IE Clean?

5 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. IClean (Internet Sweeper)?

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  5. System Cleaner - Evidence Washer?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. System Mechanic

9 vote(s)
    7.0%
  7. Windows Disk Cleanup and/or Freeware (Please Post)

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  8. Other (Please Post)

78 vote(s)
    60.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikkey

Mikkey Guest

Ace Utilities. Wouldn't be without it. Tried all the others mentioned in this thread. None get even close.

M.

2. dadkins

dadkins Registered Member

CCleaner.

3. Brinn

Brinn Registered Member

I use CleanCache as my main cleaner. CCleaner is good for its analyze function. Anything it finds that CleanCache didn't catch, I make an additive for it in CleanCache. I finish off the cleaning with MRUBlaster.

I also use Eraser to delete files and to wipe unused HDD space.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Seems to me that each programmer of all these cleaners has a different way to clean a computer.
    I guess it's the same as servants : some do the house cleaning better than others. :)

5. Carver

Carver Guest

I use Ccleaner as my main cleaner then regseeker. I just bought East-tec Eraser this morning and I also use Heidi eraser too. I have MRU blaster too, but I find that Ad-aware SE gets more MRUs

6. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Even though I voted for Window Washer as the best(which is what the poll asked for :p ), I opted to use the freeware CleanCache cleaner. From a couple of freeware programs that I tried, I found this one to be the most user friendly.

7. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I just downloaded the CCleaner and Eraser programs as mentioned by Brinn, but I don't see how people keep up with more than one cleaner program. Unlike having multiple spyware programs, cleaner programs have more variables that you have to repeatedly adjust(mainly cookie options). Also, as far as the MRUBlaster program, I deleted mine because it seemed to slow down my computer.

8. Fernando Villegas

Fernando Villegas Registered Member

I used to do that all that too.

Nowdays I just use the commandline version of eraser to delete all the files

I started with Langa's cleanup batch file as a base , converted it to using Eraser's commandline version. This handles most of the obvious stuff like TIF, Temp folder & IE related stuff.

Then I added specific tweaks to clean for all the browsers I use Firefox, Opera, Kmelon and of course standard IE which is mostly covered already. Index.dat files are pretty amazing, they popup up quite a few places.

I also hunt down files with extensions like bak, tmp, amazingly that saves a lot of space. This is slightly risky if you dont know what you are doing.

Of course, I also added a ton of other stuff, based on Ccleaner (loads of stuff),cleanup (some relating to newsgroup subscriptions),Windows washers and a few other cleaners.

Eraser is set to -passes 35 of course. I set the batch file to run on startup once every week.

Eraser is then used to remove the junk in the recycle bin.

I compact my E-mail folders to recover deleted space. I set my paging file to zero.

After that I use MRUblaster, defrag, then I use Eraser to delete unusued delete space, use MRUblaster again and finally I do my weeky imaging.

Of course, before I do all that I have already subject my system to a full security scan by various tools from antiviruses, portmappers, intergrity checkers, anti-rootkits, autostart viewers and so on. Once the system is given a clean bill of health, I pull my network cable, disable all my security programs, then start carrying out the cleaning routine above.

9. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

CCleaner - RegSupreme Pro - Eraser -

I've been using these three applications for a while and had no issues.

10. Upasaka

Upasaka Guest

Tune Up Utilities 2006.

C Cleaner.

Privacy Mantra.

11. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Privacy Eraser Pro is the best I have used, with the exeption of some tools included in Extreme Power Tools.

12. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

what an old poll. i now use ccleaner.

13. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It is indeed a very old Poll and after 3 1/2 years numerous like programs have been born and the poll selection items have probably gone thru a number of version updates.

Having said that....We would all be greatful if someone would take of their time and create a more up to date Best Cleaner Program poll that would include as many of the players that one can find Please. We could then bring this seriously outdated Poll to a close and begin anew.

Thanks in advance,
    Bubba

14. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ok ive created the new poll. feel free to close this one now.

15. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thanks to everyone for participating in this Best Cleaner Program Poll. We'll close this poll now and ask that you continue in our newest Cleaner Program Poll 2006.

Thanks,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.