Best audio ripper/converter software ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Defenestration, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I'm looking for the best audio ripper/converter software available. After looking into it, I have three possibilities:

1) dbPowerAmp Music Converter
    2) Easy CD-DA Extractor
    3) Exact Audio Copy
    4) CDex

According to an article on dbPowerAmp website, it is the fastest and yet most secure software for CD ripping. It is also optimized for multi-core ripping/encoding. However, I don't always believe what I read ;)

The last two are free and I know EAC has it's proponents, however, both (1) and (2) are reasonably priced, so I don't mind paying for the best (ie. fastest and easiest to use).

I did'nt really like (2), and am swayed slightly by the dbPowerAmp article.

Should I go for (1) or not ?

2. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Does (1) support encoding MP3 with LAME as it mentions you have to pay for Fraunhofer codec ?

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Easy CD-DA Extractor isn't a secure ripper. CDex depends on cdparanoia.
    EAC and dbPowerAmp are the two most secure rippers. EAC is free, while the full version of dbPowerAmp is payware. You can use LAME with dbPowerAmp.
    This thread discloses the technology behind the latest release of dbPowerAmp.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

For CD ripping Ive used CDex and Audiograbber. Both have worked great for me.

5. Libran_kevin

Libran_kevin Registered Member

I am using Noteburner which can convert all kinds of unprotected music and protected music to plain mp3, wav, wma....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.