Best Anti-Spyware Scanner

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by G1111, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

There are a lot of people here on Wilders that use SAS. That along with a combo of AVG AS seems pretty common. SAS is pretty simple to try out and use, is updated regularly and has a strong support forum. Give it a try if you like as it is a either a free product or a paid with trial. I have not heard of anyone having issues trying to uninstall it either.

http://www.superantispyware.com/

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

SAS' position and capability now appear to me to be analogous to where AdAware SE was, when it first came out and Spybot was the only other application.
    So, yeah, it's good.

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

There is a new scanner by Malwarebytes.org called Anti-Malware. I have used it for a week now. Looks promising. I had 2 F/Ps which were addressed by the authors quickly. There is a free version, scanner only (with quick and full scanning modes). There is going to be a paid version with a realtime protection module. Updates have been frequent. It is in a public release, but not final version.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Never heard of these guys before...

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I have. They are a trustworthy company.
    A link to their main site.
    I'm back testing MBAM as well. Very stable here. But remember it is still beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.