beserk cursor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by matelot, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matelot

matelot Registered Member

I have a cursor that has a mind of it's own darting here and there all over the screen, I have ghanged the mouse three times, so it is not the mouse, I have run cwshredder spybot ,spyhunter, hyjack this mccafeevirus protector, spysweeper, and about any other detector you can think of,Iwas wondering if the guru's on this site could recommend something.
    Regards o_O

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi matelot,

Did you also check the settings for the mouse ? The acceleration could be too high.

If you think it is some malware causing it, post your HijackThis log following these instructions:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Regards,

Pieter

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Welcome to the forums Matelot,

Are you using a laptop with a built in touchpad or touchstick? (this may be triggering your cursor movements - in which case reduce its sensitivity). Aside from Pieter's suggestion on mouse settings, have you installed anything that could interfere with your normal mouse driver? (anything giving additional pointer functionality like UltraMouse or changing its looks like CursorXP).

4. matelot

matelot Registered Member

checked all the above, am pretty sure itis a hyjack, will try and post my log file.
    Regards :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.