Belarc Advisor : improving some results

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by SoftwareTester, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoftwareTester

SoftwareTester Registered Member

I ran belarc Advisor and (of course) some remarks have been made about things that can be improved to secure my system (Windows XP Professional SP3 v3264 no domain, just a workgroup).

I have been able to change some settings but haven't found how to change some others (haven't found them on the internet either).

a few things I can't change are:
    a) "Application Event Log: Maximum Size" (nor System Log nor Application Log) [I changed their sizes and retention policy using eventvwr, but don't see them appear in gpedit.msc : no entry 'event viewer' or something like that]
    b) "Disable Autoplay from the Default Profile" I just can't find how to change that setting (all other in the "Additional Security Settings" group are GREEN)

Can anybody tell me how to change those settings (maybe even a good reference to a document how to improve ALL of the security issues mentioned by the program)

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Belarc Advisor didn't like my security at all :

1. CIS Benchmark Score : 0.63 of 10
    2. Virus Protection : Unknown
    3. Microsoft Security Updates : 81 missing

And a very long list of things to do. It's depressing :(

P.S.: members don't listen to my advices, they are bad for you.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.