Belarc Advisor anomaly!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Oct 18, 2015.

1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So I built this PC about three years ago and the operating system I installed was x64 W7 SP1. I find B A kind of interesting with all the amazing information it provides, however, I hadn't used it for many months prior to upgrading to W10. I finally got around to using it and it lists my operating system as Windows 8 Home Premium (x64) (build 9200)! Go figure!
    Perhaps there is an updated version for * that must be manually installed. If there is I'll edit this post.
    edit: I meant to say updated version of Belarc but there wasn't!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  2. Rolo42

Rolo42 Registered Member

You are using an old version; download the current version (8.5a).

Mine reports:

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

You are most correct and I thank you! Normally, selecting about lists a version number, however, when I hit "About Belarc" there wasn't any version information listed so I just bagged it until I read your post and went to their site and downloaded it. I
    You are most correct and I thank you! Normally after selecting about you are provided a version number, however, selecting "About Belarc" didn't, so I kind of figured it was a one shot deal.

4. Rolo42

Rolo42 Registered Member

It's weird that it didn't download (or even notify) a new version during database update. The version is displayed at the top of the report.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.