belarc advisor 6.1 install

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by the mul, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the mul

the mul Registered Member

When i try to install the newer version of belarc, it only installs about 4%, then a box pops up saying [ you do not have access to make the required system configurations, please rerun this installation from a administrators account[ belarc smbios access] the system cannot find the file specified.
    I have installed previous belarc advisor prog with no problem, the only difference was that i uninstalled the old version from add remove, and not let the new version install over the top of the old.

thanks the mul

2. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

It appears that you have the ability to update, but not to install. Who is the administrator?

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

4. the mul

Yes i am running pg, but i have disabled pg when installing belarc, it stops at 4% install ,and keeps asking to be run from an administrators account[belarc smbios access] the system cannot find the file specified.
    When i start xp pro, i click onto user[ stephen] to load my settings, which must mean i am the administrator, which it keeps asking for, or am i missing something.

the mul

5. the mul

Just to let u know as well, all other programmes install fine, so why the problem with belarc .

the mul

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

the mul - Do you not have a log-in choice which says (for the name) "Administrator" when you first boot up your computer? If so, try it from there.

I wish I could remember more about the details of the issue I had getting it to install, because it seems I remember getting the same message you got - but after shutting down (dis-abling all protections, that is) PG and re-starting the computer, I'm pretty sure that the install went without a peep.

Let us know if you get it sorted out, okay? Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.