Bejeweled version that KAV won't alert on?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mele20, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Is there a Bejeweled Deluxe version for download that KAV won't alert on? I tried a version from Download.com and KAV said it was clean but after I installed it, it won't run. The versions that will run, KAV says are infected with AdWare.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well the Bejeweled game is clean anyway. There were some detections on some PopCap Loader (PopCap is a vendor name) but i think that detection is wrong anyway. I have Bejeweled 2 Deluxe on my HDD for months and KAV6 never said anything about it. It's also a bit more addicting than Bejeweled 1 ;)

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I had a copy of Deluxe 2 (the trial) in my downloaded programs folder. I have been in that folder a number of times since I got KAV6 and it hasn't said anything. Today, I guess I was near it as I was looking for another program and suddenly KAV popped up and said: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Trymedia.b File: C:\Downloaded programs\WinBejSetup-dm.exe so I let it delete it. I've had the regular bejeweled on my older computer and I didn't see any adware. The version I downloaded after KAV objected to the one I had, KAV said was clean but it wouldn't run. The one it objected to has PopCap loader...but I thought all versions did...isn't it a PopCap game?

I was just looking around in my Downloaded programs folder. I wasn't trying to execute the Bejeweled game. I didn't realize KAV was quite that nosy and sensitive. :D That can be good and bad. I didn't have the cursor on Bejeweled or even that near it when KAV got upset.

BTW, what happened to the famous squeal? My computer beeps when KAV finds something....no squeal.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

This PopCap Loader is bullshit. Don't have a clue why it's detected.

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I went and downloaded from yet another site...or I should say that I TRIED to download it. KAV stopped me from downloading it. :( I don't get it. It probably does have ads...it's a trial ...but if KAV alerts then I would think it is not just some benign ads but spyware and that I don't want.

Heck...I went and tried to download the hour trial and KAV just goes nuts. It blocks the download so I told it to skip. It still blocks it and causes an error. So, how can I download it? At this point I don't care if there are ads...I want to play! If I shut down KAV and then download it and install it...will KAV let me play?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.