Behavior-blocking [flim-flam on the Finjan?]

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by bellgamin, Aug 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I did a Google for something [don't remember what] & got several hits about something called "behavior blocking software."

For reasons of curiosity, I did a Google on "behavior-blocking software" & got several pages of hits.

Here's a speciman...
    http://www.internetweek.com/indepth01/indepth041701.htm

I read some stuff about how behavior blocking is better than using virus signatures or heuristics. One name that kept popping up as a *pioneer* in this area is Finjan Software. Here's a cut & paste of the name of one of their products...

"SurfinShield, Finjan Software's behavior-blocking software"

I read until my eyes rolled back in my head. TuDeep4Me!

I searched these [Wilder's] forums for something on this. Found nada.

Can anyone explain what behavior-blocking SW is? Further, why are these hallowed halls silent on what seems to be a hot topic?

Or is it just that I am a lousy searcher? :doubt:

Regards, Bellgamin

2. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi bellgamin! Thanks for the tip. Went out and found some useful links. Apparently, Finjan's SurfinGuard is freeware. See below.

SurfinGuard

SurfinShield can be found here:
    Finjan Products Index

The following are news sources:
    SecurityFocus

Cnet News

Behavior blocking software can form part of a total PC defensive stategy. (For more info search at Google.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.