Behavior Blocker - Comodo or Emsisoft AM

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by southcat, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southcat

southcat Registered Member

Greeting. Recently i just purchased Emsisoft Anti Malware and i already have Comodo Firewall in my current setup, both of them provide the function of Behavior Blocker.

Seems like the behavior blocker of Emsisoft AM has better protection, but comodo behavior blocker offer auto sandbox.

So i don't know should i keep both behavior blocker active or i just pick one o_O?

Any advises will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards.

2. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

You should keep both. Comodo gives you the sandbox, but it is not really 100% a behavior blocker. And Emsisoft's BB is very good real BB.

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Comodo doesn't really have a behavior blocker as is, it's more of an Unsafe Blocker. But from my experience, i'd prefer the CIS6... It's just easier to manage and use on systems used by casual users. And it's quite bullet proof.

4. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Comodo's "BB" is in fact any behaviour blocker...it's only reputation tool and by this way is reviewed in online help
    https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-451-4767-Behavior-Blocker-.html
    It can only allow-deny-or reduce the apps rights, so I think the name "Behavior Blocker" is simply the misuse. Mamutu from Emsi is better BB.

5. southcat

Thank you :thumb:

So, since Comodo has BB, then I should turn off EAM BB ?

Regards

6. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Yes, wait until 6.1 is out to see Comodo's BB like Emsisoft's one.

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

comodo BB is not really a true BB but more like the autosandbox.Turning on the comodo hips would give more granular control.

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Some have difficulties separating Behavior Blockers and Rule Blockers. Behavior Blockers analyze actual behavior and decide based on that. CIS doesn't do that, it just blocks all actions based on predefined list. Mamuto does.
    But they say Comodo will also get proper behavior blocker someday...

9. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Im running the hips and BB with no ill effects even though it has been suggested that hips are turned off.Yeah comodo is a lot more user friendly now.:thumb:

10. southcat

Thanks all of you tell me the difference of behavior block between Comodo and Emsisoft.:thumb:

Emsisoft has better BB function, so i won't disable it, for the sake of auto sandbox, i decided to leave comodo BB active also.

Thanks again.

Regards

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

To be honest i don't think you need anything else with CIS. Maybe a secure DNS/web filtering/URL checking but thats it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.