Beginner question: POP3 config for XP

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bevmar, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bevmar

bevmar Registered Member

I would like to replace the AV program that came with my Win XP Pro system with NOD32. I have downloaded the Installation Guide and NOD32 for POP3 manual. I am a little confused over the manual configuration required for MS Outlook XP. I am looking in Outlook under Tools>Options>Mail setup>e-mail accounts. When I add a new account, I assume I leave the current outgoing server (STMP) as is and replace the incoming (POP3) with 127.0.0.1. I do not see a "Listen on" field...is it on the next screen? It says to enter 110 in that field. The next step in the POP3 manual says something about XP only permitting four digit port numbers. The only examples showing four digit port numbers is for setting up multiple e-mail accounts. What do I have to do to configure a single account? I know this must be simple for most of you but it is new to me. Any help would be appreciated.

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

You only needed to do this set-up with the older version 1 of NOD32..... If you installed the newest version 2, you are all set and do not need to do anything. Imon automatically is set to port 110 on install....

HTH....

Regards,
    Kent

3. bevmar

bevmar Registered Member

The manual for version 2 says the EMON module will not be installed if there is no MAPI-compatible client and specifically mentions Outlook 2002 XP and Exchange as not compatible. Will just the AMON and IMON modules provide AV protection for my incoming e-mails? I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro.

4. puff-m-d

Yes, IMON will provide protection for your incoming e-mails....
    To verify, after receiving e-mails, click ControlCenter>>IMON and you should see a "Number Of Files Scanned".......

Regards,
    Kent

Attached Files:

5. puff-m-d

You can also go into ControlCenter>>IMON>>Setup and check "Append Notification To E-mail" >> "All E-mail" and then your incoming e-mail will have a note at the bottom stating NOD32 has scanned them....

HTH....

Regards,
    Kent

Attached Files:

6. bevmar

bevmar Registered Member

Thanks Kent! That makes me feel much better.

7. puff-m-d

Appended message to e-mail.....

Attached Files:

8. puff-m-d

I was just glad to be of help ;) .....

Regards,
    Kent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.