Before/after snapshot question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TonioRoffo, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonioRoffo

TonioRoffo Registered Member

This Acronis FAQ states this:

I'm planning to use Acronis with the command line interface, to stop and start certain database related services.

However, when using command line imaging, I have to wait for the backup to complete fully before my batch file resumes.

Is there a way, using the command line, to tell if the "snapshot" part has completed, so that I can restart my services before the actual backup takes place?

The competing V2I protector/livestate recovery can do something like that in scheduled tasks, but I need command line. Actually, V2I/Livestate fails miserably in VMWare environments!

Thanks a million!

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

I am not familiar with the Acronis command line interface but can you not use some combination of "start ...." and "cmd /k" or "cmd /c" to launch True Image in the background, and then watch for the image file to be created/modified? Once you see that the image is being modified, the snapshot phase must be completed, and you can restart your services.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TonioRoffo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that currently it is not possible to start applications after the snapshot part is completed using command line. We will certainly implement this feature in future.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.