Becoming a reseller in the UK?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PTRACER, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PTRACER

PTRACER Registered Member

Hi there,

I have my own computer repair business and was wondering how I can become a reseller of NOD32 and sell CD-ROM versions to my customers, if they exist. Preferably of the full internet security suite.

NOD32 is the only AV software that no one ever complains about and I would like to be able to provide copies of it to my customers (both on custom built machines and in repairs).

How do I apply to become a reseller and what are the terms and conditions? Do I have to purchase a certain amount of copies per month? I haven't been going very long, so I don't have huge amounts of business yet.

Best Regards,
    PT

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

3. Proactive Services

Proactive Services Registered Member

Hi Ptracer, thought I'd give you some quick answers to your questions, although I would expect most of them should be answered on the partner site.
    The terms are very reasonable and not "scary" as one might expect from some companies. You have no sales targets at the initial "level" of reselling. I sell between 0-5 licenses a month and find that Eset are still quick at responding to querys I send them. You get a very generous discount at the first level too.

I keep the NOD32 installation files and update mirror on my laptop & USB drive, alongside a custom configuration installer based on my preferred settings, and when I get a new lead I order their license online. By the time I've installed (about 10 seconds) and rebooted, the license has arrived by email and my customer is protected!

Don't forget to take a screenshot of the first uninstall of a certain AV/security suite which has a particular reputation for slowing computers to a crawl (won't mention names) - you will look back fondly on it in a year's time when you realise just how many NOD32 licenses you've sold. :)

4. PTRACER

PTRACER Registered Member

That's great, as I don't expect to be selling many antivirus packages in general as I don't have a huge customer base yet.

Do they/can they provide you with CD copies of NOD32, with a licence key attached to the sleeve/box?

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

The US does-so I would expect the UK to have these available also.

6. wiak

wiak Registered Member

hello am in the same league as you
    i do some repair/custom computers and would love to include eset antivirus and suites with the computers i build :thumb:

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

OEM CDs are probably your best bet... if you're also in the UK - contact the UK distributor.

8. Proactive Services

Proactive Services Registered Member

They do have the CD for retail sale on their site but I cannot see any mention of it in the partner site. http://www.eset.co.uk/partners/index.php has their contact details at the bottom if you want to ask them direct (they are very nice and helpful!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.