BCwipe (transparent wiping) plus Returnil and Sandboxie - Recuva results

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by caspian, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Here you go. This is after 3 days of surfing the web and deliberately searching for mass quantities of pictures and videos.

1.jpg

Isn't that special? This is from using the combination of BCwipe (transparant wiping active), Returnil, and Sandboxie with Eraser all at once. I have no idea if some other recovery software would find more images but this is a far cry from what either of these tools alone can do (Sanboxie, Returnil, BCwipe). They have all failed miserably.

I tried BCwipe and Firefox in combination and Recuva pulled up tons of images. I have not tried BCwipe in combination with Sandboxie yet. But with all three of these applications running simultaneously, I am barely able to pull up so much as an icon.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. hugsy

hugsy Registered Member

use eraser before you close the browser, browser may delete its history with "normal delete" and when eraser starts there is nothing to wipe other than free space.

3. caspian

I don't know how to run Eraser without deleting the Sandbox. I didn't know that you could. How can you wipe all of the browsing data and images while the browser is still open?

4. hugsy

hugsy Registered Member

Hm.... I would go with something like this (didn't test it, so its only opinion):
    Close all the tabs in your browser, leave only the homepage.
    Start eraser and set it to erase content of the browsers temp folders and its subfolders (what and where are these folders depends on the browser, for firefox just type "about:cache" in the url field and you will find it)
    Now you can close the browser.

Another method for firefox that i found interesting goes something like this:
    1. type "about:config" in the firefox, right click and create "boolean" type key and name it "browser.cache.memory.enable", set it to "true"
    2. create "integer" type key and name it "browser.cache.memory.capacity", set its value to the one that is good for you (i think the input must be in KB, not sure thou)
    3 find "browser.cache.offline.enable" and "browser.cache.disk.enable" and set them both to false.

What i read is that now firefox wont store anything on the disk but will use RAM instead. And you can also set privacy mode back on.

Hope it works. Let me know :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  5. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Has anyone tried hugsy method posted above?

6. caspian

I simply went into the system tray, opened up sandboxie control, and deleted the sandbox. I waited for the red X to disappear in the system tray and then I ran Recuva deep scan.

I will have to come back and re-read your post again when i have more time. I am out of town visiting with family right now. Thanks for your input.

7. caspian

Okay I am going to give this a try a little later. No time right now. Have you done a Recuva deep scan after using this method?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.