Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by chaos16, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

Feb 14, 2005
    how does bazooka work i got the program and i#ve had it since christmas and its never found anything??

how come the scan is so fast??

and the database so smallo_O
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Apr 15, 2002
  3. I use Bazooka and it doesn't find anything either, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to use it. Because some day it may find something my other spyware scanners miss. When I tested it a while back it did find a few things Spybot and Ad-aware didn't. I think it's a good idea to use it because it's important to have many different scanners to find all the different spyware that's around these days, and Bazooka is definitely a useful tool to help you do so. My 2cents on Bazooka.
  4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Bazooka is an AS scanner with a very small fingerprint database and that's why Bazooka's scan time is so short.
    My experience in the past : when Bazooka reported a threat, it was always a dangerous one.
    Bazooka doesn't waste its time on reporting tracking cookies, like many AS scanners do to increase the volume of their fingerprint database. Larger fingerprint databases sell better.
    (CCleaner removes all my tracking cookies)

One disadvantage of Bazooka is that you have to remove the malware yourself, based on manual instructions from the website.
    Nevertheless it's worth to keep Bazooka on your computer.

Note : there was a time that PestPatrol reported Bazooka as malware, which was a false positive of course. I checked this with Bazooka and they confirmed it and Bazooka contacted PestPatrol of course.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  5. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Jun 3, 2002
    LOL I did a test with Bazooka and installed weatherbug ( I know bad Idea). I used my other computer for this. I scanned with Spybot and it found hotbar (or whatever weatherbug has ibstalled with it). I scanned with bazooka and it found weatherbug as spyware/adware. So it works. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.